Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
wishIwasinTX said:
Here's an excerpt from the latest (22 Feb) PDT MEC hotline

"On short notice of upcoming pilot classes, our flow through committee is working quickly in an attempt to offer these positions to our furloughed MDA association brothers. We will keep you posted as new developments arise."

Thats funny, little too late my "former" friends.

Last edited:
in reality working at PDT is one of the best if not the the best places to be now. USair will be turning a profit, and from what I heard today (sorry cant let this out, will be public soon. the details that is) all you guys that left to work at AirW will still be right seat in a throw-away, when the peeps that stuck it out at PDT have class dates at mainline. Its just one of those crystal ball things that no one could of predicted. I was ready to bail on this place, after what I saw was going on/finished. Things for this pilot group are going to finally pay off. Im not talking about how great PDT is, just taking about where all the PDT pilots will be in 5 years. FYI 70% of mainline will be retired in the next 5 years.

Congrats to the new hires, you have no idea how good this will be for you. Please study your ass off. instead of just grabing 1000 hours and bailing in a year, you will be fasttracked for mainline. you guys at PSA get the same deal.

LearLove said:
Thats funny, little too late my "former" friends.

WHOA, LL!

I've tossed this back and forth with you once on this graffito outlet, and I've personally advocated letting you come back without displacements from MY airline. I humbly offered you a seat with a flowthrough agreement.

Here we are. A little too late for what?

Sig, do you guys think we're f'in stupid over here or something?

We can see what you guys (or your MEC) are up to. Your dilly dallying around with these slots long enough for the MDA guys to all be furloughed and either have to take a Rep slot or find something else. Then all the sudden here's PDT with "flow-back" slots after the fact to "save the day" so hardly anyone can come back.

The mainline MEC (the MDA/CEL guys MEC) knows this, we made them aware. O and that BS you pulled this summer wrt the signing part of the "back" portion of the flow has not been forgotten. You guys wanna play that game? We'll its commin right back at you.

Like I said, little too late. The harm has already been done. I would have never gone to Rep if a slot at PDT was available, even an FO slot although I can hold a line as Capt easily over there now. The only way I think this could be made whole is that if you guys offered us out flow-back slots, paid us back pay from the day we were furloughed and started at Rep, and paid whatever Rep charges to get out of the training contract. This of course paid by the PDT MEC $$ not the company $$ as its not their fault but the MEC's fault. Other than that, like Tony Soprano says, "your dead to me".

Later

Last edited:
Lear,

It doesn't matter if we offered it back to you guys anyway! We haven't had any upgrades since last June of 05'. What, were we suppose to just make captain slots for you folks that went to MDA and furlough our guys? No, so I don't think it really matters. We haven't had a new hire or upgrade class in awhile! As for the Flush Thru, if we keep it fine. If we don't I won't lose any sleep! The airlines are what it is! The words of my dad ring in my head each day! "Fly Boxes Son"!!!
I see the PSA guys blocked you from coming there! Hmmmm, I feel for you guys, I really do! I had my chance to go to MDA but I felt that I better get my PIC time first that way I can have more control of my future, better then letting my dic$ swing in the wind with US Airways! If you went over to MDA without upgrading here, well I guess your fast track was tripped up a bit.
However I do see lawsuits in hand by a bunch of the senior PDT people when it comes down to CEL list! So I don't think all is done with...

And you went to REP????? Wow, and you want to talk about unity!!!! I thought it was all or none??? Son, don't come on here preaching!!!!

Last edited:
"All or none" - maybe you should find out what that means before you toss it around. You were not apart of it so you don't know. It had something to do with losing a battle to win a war you jacka$$, open your eyes.

And yes I was a Capt at ALG, they just don't give out DHC8 types to FO's pinhead.

And there were newhire classes there this past summer/fall and some of us would have come back as FO's, so yes the harm is done.

Easy son! You were about to blow your load there!! LOL!!! All I know is from a former MDA guy that said everyone was gonna stand up and not take REP jobs!! All or none what he told me was everyone of pilots to Rep not half!!! Not just the J4J 50% captain seats!!! Hmmm, guess he was another misinformed MDA pilot.. I need to call him and tell him its okay to go to Republic now!

Last edited:
yeah sure, keep backpeddeling. Just like your MEC. Didn't want anything to do with us durring BK #2 but after the AWA announcement and the 190 stuff your now our best friends. Like I said, do you guys think we're stupid?

Anyway, all I know is that my name appears on the mainline list and I don't see "wsurf" on there. The "ghost" numbers are gone also.

Later

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back