Great news for PDT poolies!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WSurf said:
Why should he be senior to me? Anyway who the hell cares, its only 100 people from the ALG/PDT that went anyway.
Simple. He, along with 99 other CEL pilots are US Airways Pilots and have AAA seniority numbers. You don't. He took the risks, the pay cut, the lousy insurance. In a sense, made a sacrifice to come to MDA. If recalled, he can go back, because he is an AAA pilot.
I had 3 choices offered to me by our UNION!! I choose to stay and wait for a Capt slot at MDA. So you say I shouldn't have??!!
No...I never said that. Please re-read my post.
What a joke... it was one of 3 options. I stayed at PDT not for Pay, but to get PIC Time first and have more control over my future!! So if I went as a PDT FO to MDA... Hmmm now I have tons of DASH 8 SIC time and Tons of EMB 170 SIC time and out of a job, and with a resume that won't land me anywhere but another regional job... No thanks my man!!
That is smart, wise and safe. But these days, Majors and LCC airlines are looking for resumes with 1000 hours of turbojet EFIS/FMS operations.
I will take the 1500hrs of PIC time anyday, and not be in a situation you guys are in with all your Eggs in the US Airways basket and worrying about whats going on with other people.... Thats why I stayed...
In that case, are you really wouldn't be interested in a FF agreement with AAA? :erm:

T8

trainer8 said:
That is smart, wise and safe. But these days, Majors and LCC airlines are looking for resumes with 1000 hours of turbojet EFIS/FMS operations.

In that case, are you really wouldn't be interested in a FF agreement with AAA? :erm:

T8
Wrong! We have lost many to AirTran, SouthWest and Continental over the last 6 months!! Guess what? No Sic Jet time on there resume! If you went over to MDA with no PIC time.... Hmmm thats why your stuck where you are. LOL, EFIS/FMS Operations... Are you joking? Those are computers... wow.. its like learning anything!! Remember this job isn't really hard to learn!! Hey I have a big secret to tell you if you didn't know, we are putting 300hr pilots in RJ's these days.

As for the FF agreement! Like I said before, 'The Airlines are what they are'. Look at the payscales now, Senior SouthWest Captains make way more money then US Airways 330 Captains. This industry and gone down the Crappy and the glory of flying for the airlines stinks.. So if we get the FF then fine, if not... oh well!

Did you make the jump to RP? You didn't answer that one!

Last edited:
LearLove,
Who told you that the PDT MEC blocked you guys from coming back here? Was it the AAA MEC? The same MEC that came barking at us with demands? The same MEC that eats their own young? You're told that PDT blocked it to create yet another wedge to chisel away at what little unity there ever was.

Forgive us for not wanting to give away the farm and for trying to protect the jobs of everybody on our property. For the record, just about everybody here (except for a few FOs with delusions of a year and a half upgrade) is all for you guys coming back, it's only fair, it was in the restructuring agreement. However, we don't want guys who are here now in the street, that's also only fair. So relax on this PDT screwing you jive, you don't know the half of it. We're on your side, no matter what AAA tells you. Or be pissed and keep up the "former friends" drama.

WSurf said:
Wrong! We have lost many to AirTran, SouthWest and Continental over the last 6 months!! Guess what? No Sic Jet time on there resume! If you went over to MDA with no PIC time.... Hmmm thats why your stuck where you are. LOL, EFIS/FMS Operations... Are you joking?
No joke, and I'm not stuck. Glad to hear so many of you are leaving PDT. So, how many PDT captains are among the "many" leaving? I thought I read on this thread that there are literally no upgrades at PDT since last year. Must be the 300 hour pilots leaving for jet time.
Hey I have a big secret to tell you if you didn't know, we are putting 300hr pilots in RJ's these days.
Not a secret anymore since the Pinnacle CRJ crash.

Did you make the jump to RP? You didn't answer that one!
Isn't it obvious? :)

T8

Bang on post, Lear24.

Trainer- off the top of my head.. 2 Airtran, 1 CAL, 1 JBLU, 1 NAA in the past handful of months are the ones I know about. The guy on the 75 at North American says it's a piece of cake; I'd imagine the MCDU on the airbus at jetBlue must be like some whacked out crazy dee-vice that nobody outside of an MIT postdoc program can figure it out. C'mon, dude- this isn't rocket surgery.

apparently everybody that interviewed at piedmont today got sent home after the written test... they changed the test fyi

PA31Ho said:
apparently everybody that interviewed at piedmont today got sent home after the written test... they changed the test fyi

How many interview dates are they doing?

Had a bunch of friends that got whacked back in October after failing the written test.

Live by the gouge, die by the gouge...

Sig said:
Bang on post, Lear24.

Trainer- off the top of my head.. 2 Airtran, 1 CAL, 1 JBLU, 1 NAA in the past handful of months are the ones I know about. The guy on the 75 at North American says it's a piece of cake; I'd imagine the MCDU on the airbus at jetBlue must be like some whacked out crazy dee-vice that nobody outside of an MIT postdoc program can figure it out. C'mon, dude- this isn't rocket surgery.

Five? Captains or FOs?

As far as EFIS...don't shoot the messenger, I'm sharing the info. Check it out for yourself.

Lear24, have you read the Flow Thru proposal, the one from 8.26.05? The one that proposed returning CEL pilots coming back as new hires, not to their original DOH?

9. Pilots’ Seniority at PWO Carriers

Except for specific bidding provisions applicable to Jets for Jobs pilots at a PWO Carrier, pilot seniority for all bidding purposes at a PWO carrier will be in the following order (including among U pilots during the alternating bidding procedure of LOA 92 PSA Large SJs):

A. Pilots (including Jets for Jobs pilots) employed by the PWO Carrier as of the date of signing of this Agreement, in their seniority order,

B. then APL pilots who have become employed by the PWO Carrier after the date of signing of this Agreement, in their relative seniority order,

C. then the carrier’s New Hire PWO pilots, in their CEL order.

So the proposal breaks the PWO seniority list three ways, essentially placing CEL pilots who are APL pilots below their original PWO DOH.

For those AAA pilots interested in coming back to PDT, this language won't fly. It will have to be hammered out more.

T8

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back