• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Great news for PDT poolies!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why should he be senior to me? Anyway who the hell cares, its only 100 people from the ALG/PDT that went anyway. I had 3 choices offered to me by our UNION!! I choose to stay and wait for a Capt slot at MDA. So you say I shouldn't have??!! What a joke... it was one of 3 options. I stayed at PDT not for Pay, but to get PIC Time first and have more control over my future!! So if I went as a PDT FO to MDA... Hmmm now I have tons of DASH 8 SIC time and Tons of EMB 170 SIC time and out of a job, and with a resume that won't land me anywhere but another regional job... No thanks my man!! I will take the 1500hrs of PIC time anyday, and not be in a situation you guys are in with all your Eggs in the US Airways basket and worrying about whats going on with other people.... Thats why I stayed...

And did you head off to RP also?

Last edited:

Just a little possibly-positive news, the occurence policy is being done away with. Source- a buddy that just got done flying with C.Dilks.

The occurence policy was great. You could take allot of days off with just one call. You knew were you stood with the company. I mean the company could not really "punish" you until you had at least 5 occurences. Now you can only call in sick 10 days a year. And the company can "punish" you whenever they want. JohnnyP, like you said "possibly-positive". I don't know.

10 days, huh? What about being 6 minutes late because the hooptie threw a rod- can they whack us for that?

Oh, well.

Like buzzoffyou said, I dont know. I'm just relaying (?) news from off the line. Everyone has a different situation. We'll see how it all fits in. I dont even know when it comes into effect.

JohnnyP better be right....

buzzofyou: the occurance policy is great if the company would actually abide by it and not send you up to SBY on your 1st occurance (calling in sick).

As I understand it, if you document being sick- which costs as much as a copay and .... saying you have a righteous headache- they can't fire you.

Lemme rephrase that- it would be a windfall getting your job back.

The company will be following the contract. Read it. That will tell you what you need to know as far as use of sick time.

Personally, I'd visit the doctor as someone else stated.

If you're going to be late, you must notify crew scheduling. Crewmembers that arrive on time and find someone from their crew not checked in are still responsible for calling within the 5 minute window.

The problem I had with the occurence program was that occurences were given out like candy for checking in 7 minutes late. You could be held up in security that long. Total BS.

Also, if you called out sick for a trip, felt better the next day and wanted back on your trip, you're still hit with that BS occurence. Why not take the rest of that time off even though you're taking a hit from the sick bank?

If you have issues, call your reps. That's why they're there.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back