• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Great Lakes Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When I was there, the mins were 250 hours and you had to have used an HSI at one time. Seriously, avg time 2 years ago were 1000 & 100 multi. It all depends on how badly they need pilots. I know plenty were hired w/ 600 & 50 multi. Look on their website for current mins.

Current mins = 750/50.

"Great Lakes pay" is an oxymoronic statement, along the lines of "black light" and "government intelligence".

Just kidding - been there, done that, have the W-2's to prove it.

After NW gets finished with bending NW/Mesaba ALPA over the table, Mesaba's payrates are going to look a lot like the infamous Great Lakes.

I live on the west coast and wouldn't mind working at great lakes since i can get a letter of Rec from my old instructor, she just got hired almost a year ago.... any FO at lakes live on the west coast? whats thier junior base?

Lakers

Does GLA hire street captains. I was kinda lookin at it. And what is captain pay over there. Any rumors of growth, fleet plans, or new bases? Seems like props are goin away for passenger travel, hell even 50 seat rj's but lakes is stickin with it i see.

i don't see them hiring street captains just b/c of how many upgrade classes they have going....
only have two bases...denver and phoenix....phoenix is senior captain and junior fo......
if you have someone walk in your resume your flight time doesn't really matter, although i think lately they would like to see at least 100hrs multi....you never know......guys have gotten picked up with 500/100, others had 1500/500....
the place is a blast, BUT you better have a sugar momma/daddy b/c the paycheck is painful.....
one last thing.....there is a new chief pilot....A.R. went off to frontier with a few others from lakes so be sure who you send your paper work to.....

Latest resources

Back