Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MarineGrunt

Will kill for peace.
I am just curious what some of you Great Lakes guys make in a year. At $15/hr, 75 hrs/month, that comes to 13,500/yr. I don't see how anyone, even single dudes can live on that type of income. Am I missing something?

Not flame bait, they are just one of the few places I have the mins for and I'm not ruling out any of my options.

I don't think I ever flew just 75 hours at Lakes. I had several months where i flew 118 hours, with credit for 125 for picking up open time. If you work at lakes, they are going to fly your a$$ off, and you'll learn real quick what junior manning is. My first year was $18k on paper, add another $7k for the per diem. The only way to make a living there is to fly all the time, but thats why you go to companies like Lakes. Its not what some of you would call a career regional.

Knob said:
I don't think I ever flew just 75 hours at Lakes. I had several months where i flew 118 hours, with credit for 125 for picking up open time. If you work at lakes, they are going to fly your a$$ off, and you'll learn real quick what junior manning is. My first year was $18k on paper, add another $7k for the per diem. The only way to make a living there is to fly all the time, but thats why you go to companies like Lakes. Its not what some of you would call a career regional.
That makes more sense. I couldn;t for the life of me figure out how one could make it on 13k...

At least it sound like a fair place to build time...

I was on food stamps and that helped a little. Upgrade isn't long. Live with a bunch of friends downtown and just have fun. Lakers know where the cheep beer can be found if the company actually gives you time off.

Is Lakes having a hard time getting people since so many other regionals are hiring? Or do they hope for a quick upgrade?

Knob said:

You guys must do alot of ferrying to fly 118hrs in a month

Your probably wondering how a 121 op lets you fly over 100 hours? The little known FAR which states if the company operates a/c w/ 30 seats or less, they can operate under 135 duty regs. I'm sure somebody on here will post the reg, I'm too lazy to look it up since I haven't worked there for a while.

Latest resources

Back