• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Got the Rejection Letter from Usairways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Easties love to blame ALPA for their terrible decision making skills. The Union is a body of your own, not some higher command sending down orders, just like the BPR MOU clown shown this past August, you do it to yourselfs every time... Not much bitterness or hate out West, just head shaking at all the lies and misinformation put out by USAPA and vocal fools out East that have no sound legal standing and when we point it out, Easties call us haters...

P.S.- When the dust finally settles on the SLI, I know West pilots will act professional, Easties will go off the rails again and will let it taint their spirit to the core...

Last edited:
Does anybody know the trick to re-applying? I'm one of the unlucky ones that got the rejection email, and I am trying to resubmit my app, but it isn't letting me do this. The system seems to recognize my information and isn't letting me progress with my updated information. Anybody else running into this?

I'm re-applying out of the genuine desire to work for USAirways. I tried in 2007, but didn't make it, of course. If this weren't so important to me, I wouldn't be so persistent. I'm sure this is the case with many others, so can we PLEASE leave the USAPA banter out of this thread, for those of us that wish to use this as a TRUE resource?

Does anybody know the trick to re-applying? I'm one of the unlucky ones that got the rejection email, and I am trying to resubmit my app, but it isn't letting me do this. The system seems to recognize my information and isn't letting me progress with my updated information. Anybody else running into this?

I'm re-applying out of the genuine desire to work for USAirways. I tried in 2007, but didn't make it, of course. If this weren't so important to me, I wouldn't be so persistent. I'm sure this is the case with many others, so can we PLEASE leave the USAPA banter out of this thread, for those of us that wish to use this as a TRUE resource?

I've flown with a captain who is very involved with the hiring. As I understand it (and dissagree with it) they open a "window" and then close it and then a computer evaluates the many fields in that web based data program. I was told by this captain that you can update a resume but can't change the actual application for employment until the next "window" opens again which in his opinion will be maybe in Feb. I wouldn't do it this way but I'm a lowly FO but I do enjoy my job and will like my pay increase with a new contract! Back off Carl.

I've flown with a captain who is very involved with the hiring. As I understand it (and dissagree with it) they open a "window" and then close it and then a computer evaluates the many fields in that web based data program. I was told by this captain that you can update a resume but can't change the actual application for employment until the next "window" opens again which in his opinion will be maybe in Feb. I wouldn't do it this way but I'm a lowly FO but I do enjoy my job and will like my pay increase with a new contract! Back off Carl.

Isn't the window still open though? It says "Until Filled" since 9/26/2012. Or is it an internal window that sifts through resumes that were submitted between #/##/2012-#/##/2012 while applications are still being accepted? Then goes on to the next batch of dates

"Back off Carl ."

Ha-ha :smash:

The good news about reserve is that the schedulers are generally OK to work with so long as you treat them like human beings. 1.5 hour call out is a bit flexible (stuck in traffic etc).

Actually the 1:30 call out is very flexible. When you are on short call the contract reads you must live within 1:30 normal driving time to the airport. If you are not standing around in your uniform it is very reasonable that from the call to when you make it to the end of B (if you are PHL based) could take easily 2:30 hours. Over that you might have to explain to the Chief Pilot why. I live exactly 1:30 minutes to the employee parking lot so its normal for me to take 2:30. Hope that helps

Latest resources

Back