• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Got the Rejection Letter from Usairways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi Field Narshall. They really aren't jobs. I own the business's and I can run them from the great hotels I get to spend time in and even while pax are boarding I will answer the phone. I'm a little surprised by the responses to my post. Are you really against a pilot having a side biz? What if I lose my medical? I'm prepared for that.

Hey, if you can run 5 businesses while flying your plane, I'm impressed. Good for you Ronald Chump. But, if your East group accepted the BINDING AWRD called the NIC Award and then moved on like every other pilot group that has accepted binding arbitration, you might be able to drop one of the five businesses and make more pilot pay, and move on. Do the right thing.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Oh give it a rest. You would do the same thing if your lousy union stood by and left you hanging in the wind. And repeatedly proposing that pay raises are available for a forfeiture of seniority is ignorant--they aren't. ALPA decided years ago to pit pilot groups against each other at the expense of each other---name an industry were union members perform the same job but can make less than $10k to more than $250k... For the same skill.

Pilots are gonna bitch at each other. It's systemic to the game ALPA chose. Whatever, drool over every new ALPA magazine or spend time building other streams of income. It's your choice. :lol:

I guess the original paradigm was that if you are flying a bigger airplane and you are making more money for the company and have a bigger responsibilty then you should be compensated more. So a 330 pilot who flys 285 pax to Germany and then 30 hours later flys another 285 pax back is worth more then I am? In that same three day period I flew 1200 pax. I made more revenue for the company...Thanks ALPA.

Hey, if you can run 5 businesses while flying your plane, I'm impressed. Good for you Ronald Chump. But, if your East group accepted the BINDING AWRD called the NIC Award and then moved on like every other pilot group that has accepted binding award, you might be able to drop one of the five businesses and make more pilot pay, and move on. Do the right thing.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Ok I'll push the button. OK now the nic is the list but I'm not going to give up any of my other incomes. The nic is binding but there has to be a ratification of a contract (which part of that are you not tracking on?) and so far there is nothing even remotely close to being acceptable so why Field Marshall are you saying that I have to give up my outstanding rights under the RLA and just vote yes on the trash the AWA ex-con and his team are pushing on us?

Oh give it a rest. You would do the same thing if your lousy union stood by and left you hanging in the wind. And repeatedly proposing that pay raises are available for a forfeiture of seniority is ignorant--they aren't. ALPA decided years ago to pit pilot groups against each other at the expense of each other---name an industry were union members perform the same job but can make less than $10k to more than $250k... For the same skill.

Pilots are gonna bitch at each other. It's systemic to the game ALPA chose. Whatever, drool over every new ALPA magazine or spend time building other streams of income. It's your choice. :lol:

It's clear that everyone else who's looked at this case finds you USAir East, to be in the wrong... your company was bankrupt and couldn't pay it's bills, and was going to miss paying your pay... America West came in and bought it and called it a merger... This is much like TWA and American, and nothing like Reno/American or Morris/Southwest & Airtran/Southwest.. There is precedent and it's not the first time this happened, yet you guys got your ego's and won't accept that America West saved your arse.... If Hawaiian were to swoop in and buy American in BK (impossible due to to the restructuring costs, but just to make the point), I would expect nothing more for the American pilots than a 1:1 SLI.... if on the other hand it was a merger of equals, then a DOH might make more sense.. This isn't rocket science and the longer it takes you to realize it, the longer you'll go on making startup Allegiant type wages/work rules at a legacy airline...

it's you who needs to give it a rest and move forward, so we can reunite as ONE union and get this profession back on the road.

I was a FO on the jungle jet for a 121 carrier and had over 1000 SIC time on it. I don't know what they are looking for. I have a 4 year degree, 121 experience, jet time.

General Lee exactly what other position would i want to apply for. I guess things happen for a reason and perhaps it is better for me. I try to stay positive

1000 SIC.....that means about a year at a regional. Sorry but that's not competitive at all.

It's clear that everyone else who's looked at this case finds you USAir East, to be in the wrong... your company was bankrupt and couldn't pay it's bills, and was going to miss paying your pay... America West came in and bought it and called it a merger... This is much like TWA and American, and nothing like Reno/American or Morris/Southwest & Airtran/Southwest.. There is precedent and it's not the first time this happened, yet you guys got your ego's and won't accept that America West saved your arse.... If Hawaiian were to swoop in and buy American in BK (impossible due to to the restructuring costs, but just to make the point), I would expect nothing more for the American pilots than a 1:1 SLI.... if on the other hand it was a merger of equals, then a DOH might make more sense.. This isn't rocket science and the longer it takes you to realize it, the longer you'll go on making startup Allegiant type wages/work rules at a legacy airline...

it's you who needs to give it a rest and move forward, so we can reunite as ONE union and get this profession back on the road.

:lol: :lol: Thou dost protest too much. Relax already and enjoy the holidays. Happy new year! :)

Hi Field Narshall. They really aren't jobs. I own the business's and I can run them from the great hotels I get to spend time in and even while pax are boarding I will answer the phone. I'm a little surprised by the responses to my post. Are you really against a pilot having a side biz? What if I lose my medical? I'm prepared for that.

you initially went down the path of needing not choosing 2 very separate things

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back