• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Got the Rejection Letter from Usairways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've been very fortunate to make money outside aviation and also in Apple stock which I've been a fan of since the early 90's but that has absolutely no effect on what I feel is the value of the time I provide my employer when I'm at work. I expect to be properly compensated for this time irrespective of what I make on the outside.

No pilot disagrees with that. And every pilot group, given the same circumstances, would end up doing the exact same thing. Pilots are just people and no pilot group is any different than another.

Its just like when a pilot is caught up in circumstances that result in a Class A mishap... mature pilots don't mouth off about how the outcome would have been different if they were the ones in the cockpit. Only fools go there.

You could make that case in ANY industry. Are you going to work yourself to death then? Because thats whats happening over there. Do your 320/737 captainslike making less than a 4th yr southwest f/o?

Even if my pay rate was more than SW I would still keep my five other sources of income because I don't trust my management or other pilots. I SAP down to minimums every month so no I'm not working myself to death.

Even if my pay rate was more than SW I would still keep my five other sources of income because I don't trust my management or other pilots. I SAP down to minimums every month so no I'm not working myself to death.

Let me guess? Your nickname at your other 5 jobs is "Magic Mike...." Riiiiiight.

Bye Bye----General Lee

[I am a major airline pilot, almost all of us US Air pilots work two jobs to pay the bills].......unbucking believable. AA pilots beware. This is poison.

Two? Most of the pilots I fly with have numerous "pipelines" of income because they are smart and hard working type A people. I really enjoy my other endeavors. You would be surprised at what the pilots I fly with do, from consulting, owning a vinyard, construction, owning commercial property (like me), supervising in a family owned biz and many more. We have a lot of time off in this biz so we take advantage of it and make stuff. I bet there are many AA pilots who do other things as well so they don't need to "beware". When I'm in cruise for a four hour flight I don't read the AIM to the other piot. I know it already and when I fly with another business owner it is really fun to compare notes. I guess you sit there and talk about FAR's?

Two? Most of the pilots I fly with have numerous "pipelines" of income because they are smart and hard working type A people. I really enjoy my other endeavors. You would be surprised at what the pilots I fly with do, from consulting, owning a vinyard, construction, owning commercial property (like me), supervising in a family owned biz and many more. We have a lot of time off in this biz so we take advantage of it and make stuff. I bet there are many AA pilots who do other things as well so they don't need to "beware". When I'm in cruise for a four hour flight I don't read the AIM to the other piot. I know it already and when I fly with another business owner it is really fun to compare notes. I guess you sit there and talk about FAR's?

and let me guess you all watch Fox News and you all want to cut taxes further on the top 1%? I think I'm beginning to understand you better now.

Let me guess? Your nickname at your other 5 jobs is "Magic Mike...." Riiiiiight.

Bye Bye----General Lee

Hi Field Narshall. They really aren't jobs. I own the business's and I can run them from the great hotels I get to spend time in and even while pax are boarding I will answer the phone. I'm a little surprised by the responses to my post. Are you really against a pilot having a side biz? What if I lose my medical? I'm prepared for that.

and let me guess you all watch Fox News and you all want to cut taxes further on the top 1%? I think I'm beginning to understand you better now.

I'm not tracking here...what? I read the Washington Post and the Washington Times and I don't vote party lines. I'm an American and by definition hate any taxes so ya cut 'em!

Hi Field Narshall. They really aren't jobs. I own the business's and I can run them from the great hotels I get to spend time in and even while pax are boarding I will answer the phone. I'm a little surprised by the responses to my post. Are you really against a pilot having a side biz? What if I lose my medical? I'm prepared for that.

I have a strip mall and a stock portfolio I trade, doesn't mean I don't expect to get paid industry standard wages at a minimum... you keep your beloved seniority at a cost to the industry since your "pilot group" is making wages below some of the bottom feeder ACMI's I worked for while between real jobs

I have a strip mall and a stock portfolio I trade, doesn't mean I don't expect to get paid industry standard wages at a minimum... you keep your beloved seniority at a cost to the industry since your "pilot group" is making wages below some of the bottom feeder ACMI's I worked for while between real jobs

Come on Mam I'm a line pilot with virtually no influence in the union. If you think I do then you must think you have a lot of powere so why don't you just change everything right now and make it all OK or are you just a big talker? Go on change it all or are you a line pilot like me? I have only one ...ONE vote how many do you have? This airline being run by an ex-con has a few hundred pilots...actually I think it's more than that so my one vote doesn't change things that much. I don't owe you anything so don't think I'll vote for a contract that has a slightly higher rate but worse work rules. Contracts have a little more in them then pay rates youmust be new.

Oh give it a rest. You would do the same thing if your lousy union stood by and left you hanging in the wind. And repeatedly proposing that pay raises are available for a forfeiture of seniority is ignorant--they aren't. ALPA decided years ago to pit pilot groups against each other at the expense of each other---name an industry were union members perform the same job but can make less than $10k to more than $250k... For the same skill.

Pilots are gonna bitch at each other. It's systemic to the game ALPA chose. Whatever, drool over every new ALPA magazine or spend time building other streams of income. It's your choice. :lol:

Latest resources

Back