• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Got the Rejection Letter from Usairways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually the 1:30 call out is very flexible. When you are on short call the contract reads you must live within 1:30 normal driving time to the airport. If you are not standing around in your uniform it is very reasonable that from the call to when you make it to the end of B (if you are PHL based) could take easily 2:30 hours. Over that you might have to explain to the Chief Pilot why. I live exactly 1:30 minutes to the employee parking lot so its normal for me to take 2:30. Hope that helps

I live 90 minutes north of the airport but I am always fishing on a lake 90 minutes south of the airport, so I have to drive 180 minutes north to get home to take a shower before I put on a uniform to drive south for 90 minutes to the airport... And that assumes traffic is "normal", and that I don't have any fish to clean. :D

Last edited:
He11, I've applied twice and received TWO of these emails. "Pilot Shortage", my a$$.

And why did I apply to USAir? I thought it would be a nice stepping-stone to my next "real" airline job.

I was a FO on the jungle jet for a 121 carrier and had over 1000 SIC time on it. I don't know what they are looking for. I have a 4 year degree, 121 experience, jet time.

General Lee exactly what other position would i want to apply for. I guess things happen for a reason and perhaps it is better for me. I try to stay positive

I am not sure I really understand your confusion. You only have 1000 hours SIC time. Do you have any idea how many applicants have 1000's of hours PIC time. Not trying to be hurtful but you are really not qualified for that position at this time.

He11, I've applied twice and received TWO of these emails. "Pilot Shortage", my a$$.

And why did I apply to USAir? I thought it would be a nice stepping-stone to my next "real" airline job.

Well it breaks our heart your little perra arse didn't make the cut.

I live 90 minutes north of the airport but I am always fishing on a lake 90 minutes south of the airport, so I have to drive 180 minutes north to get home to take a shower before I put on a uniform to drive south for 90 minutes to the airport... And that assumes traffic is "normal", and that I don't have any fish to clean. :D

Yo Turtle, don't forget to eat. It's not like they feed us.

Additionally, we are not required to tell them how long it will take nor am I required to keep a bag packed or uniform ironed.

MIGHT TAKE 4 HOURS

Latest resources

Back