• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Goodbye Horizon Jets...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So both of you had the seniority to hang on through the upcoming Horizon furloughs. I promise you that you do not have the seniority to hang on through the upcoming Alaska furloughs............How will you take your crow? With a little butter and garlic

Really? Tell me something I don't know. Are you still at Alaska? I would have thought a bright guy like yourself would have left by now.:rolleyes:

I prefer my crow with a large glass of beer.:beer:

Last edited:
Really? Tell me something I don't know. Are you still at Alaska? I would have thought a bright guy like yourself would have left by now.:rolleyes:

I prefer my crow with a large glass of beer.:beer:

Ahh the tool comes out of the box. Just trying to slap you for your $hitty comments to your former Horizon bretheren. The dip$hit$ that we work for just dropped a grenade in their crew room and instead of helping them put the pin back in you chucked it out the window.......

Getting rid of the jets is just a precursor to the acquisition of Alaska by SWA. Horizon will be sold as part of the transaction. SWAPA will possibly allow the Q400 feed to continue (or not).
bull********************....

Ahh the tool comes out of the box. Just trying to slap you for your $hitty comments to your former Horizon bretheren. The dip$hit$ that we work for just dropped a grenade in their crew room and instead of helping them put the pin back in you chucked it out the window.......

What comments? That I'm glad I'm not there. Seems reasonable to me. I'm sure a lot of them wish they weren't there either. It wasn't directed to them, just a statement.

For all my former Horizon bretheren, especially those on this board that know me, I'm sorry if my comments offended you as much as they did tico. I didn't mean it. All those beers we drank those many years were not just a set up so I could make fun of you when our collective management took a giant dump on you.

In all seriousness, I really do feel for the Horizon guys and hope those 20 options on the Qs are taken so that no one has to fear for their job.

None-the-less Horizon still has a good product and a strong passenger base. Granted they will be in the market for more mechanics once they become an all Q400 fleet. Reliability continues to be a factor. :(

I wouldn't assume that all of the pertinent information was disclosed in that forum. It's not like they're gonna say something like "We believe that the threat of bringing in a third party to perform flying that overlaps that done by both of our wholly owned airlines will give us considerable leverage to lower pilot costs at both units which should show up as a saving of blah blah blah......"

I think that the most likely scenario is that the AAG is being configured for some sort of consolidation-that would be a scenario where a bunch of RJ pilots not working for peanuts might be an obstacle to getting a deal done.

If I accept your drift, then QX pilots are in more trouble than we think. For example, our Q400 CA rates, let alone our 70-seat RJ rates, are already higher than jetBlue and USAirways Embraer 190 rates.

Nothing would surprise me much right now, but I think it's almost as likely that AS pilots would invite the 190 on their property for less than QX's current RJ and Q400 rates. Why not? If it's growth and it's going to be the junior aircraft, why wouldn't AS pilots take it at jetBlue or Airways rates?

What's lost in all this is why AAG doesn't just merge their two airlines. The overhead squandered on running two airlines under one marketing scheme is shameful. I'm surprised the board lets management get away with it.

What's lost in all this is why AAG doesn't just merge their two airlines. The overhead squandered on running two airlines under one marketing scheme is shameful. I'm surprised the board lets management get away with it.

Because whether people recognize it or not there is a 'for sale' sign hanging over every airline, including AS. The acquiring airline will merge operations/staff with AS, not QX. Perhaps there is a Skywest uniform in the future for QX pilots........

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back