• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Goodbye Horizon Jets...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gawd...some of you people have fabulous imaginations and very little grasp of the facts (with a few exceptions in this thread).

I would suggest listening to today's conference call and reading the 8K. If you can't figure out how to find them, why don't you just give it a break.

The EXCO responsible for this? What a crock. I don't even know where to start. Heaven forbid we have an EXCO that knows a sucker's deal when they see one.

If AAG was so hot on the idea of contracting RJ flying out to a third party, why didn't they mention it at all during the conference call? Why did they actually suggest that it wasn't the answer.

The worse news here isn't that we're getting rid of the RJs. The worse news is that we're a 65 aircraft airline today and in two year's time, we'll be a 48 (+/- a couple) aircraft airline.

You morons that think that has anything to do with our payrates, contract, or the actions of our EXCO really ought to get on the phone and schedule your much-needed frontal lobotomies.

^ Finally someone who gets it, I'm going to go ahead and be a little optimistic and say I think we will end up with a few more than 48 aircraft. I'm hoping that 48 number is a worst case scenario.

Whew....

I don't' know about the rest of you, but I'm glad I bailed for AS last year..........

Best decision of my career.

I'm glad I bailed out of the ERROR group last year. I think the hits are just going to keep on comin for Bill ERROR (and his whipping boy Jeffy) and the ERROR Group.

You need to set the bar high in ways such that captains aren't making 150k+ for flying 70 seats. That will just price you right out of the competition, which it did. There's nothing wrong with making good money in this industry but that is ridiculous for 70 seats. To think to yourself that management of a publicly held company wouldn't do anything to combat that is even more ignorant.
Are you serious, so they set the bar too high for you?? What type of flying do you do? It is attitudes like yours that screw the rest of us.

I second that motion
So both of you had the seniority to hang on through the upcoming Horizon furloughs. I promise you that you do not have the seniority to hang on through the upcoming Alaska furloughs............How will you take your crow? With a little butter and garlic

Gawd...some of you people have fabulous imaginations and very little grasp of the facts (with a few exceptions in this thread).

I would suggest listening to today's conference call and reading the 8K. If you can't figure out how to find them, why don't you just give it a break.

The EXCO responsible for this? What a crock. I don't even know where to start. Heaven forbid we have an EXCO that knows a sucker's deal when they see one.

If AAG was so hot on the idea of contracting RJ flying out to a third party, why didn't they mention it at all during the conference call? Why did they actually suggest that it wasn't the answer.

The worse news here isn't that we're getting rid of the RJs. The worse news is that we're a 65 aircraft airline today and in two year's time, we'll be a 48 (+/- a couple) aircraft airline.

You morons that think that has anything to do with our payrates, contract, or the actions of our EXCO really ought to get on the phone and schedule your much-needed frontal lobotomies.

They have mentioned it, but the conference call was not the proper venue.

I don't' know about the rest of you, but I'm glad I bailed for AS last year..........

Best decision of my career.

Uhhhhh.....would that even be a choice? Kinda comes down to if you get a job offer at AS or not, doesn't it??

I would suggest listening to today's conference call...

I wouldn't assume that all of the pertinent information was disclosed in that forum. It's not like they're gonna say something like "We believe that the threat of bringing in a third party to perform flying that overlaps that done by both of our wholly owned airlines will give us considerable leverage to lower pilot costs at both units which should show up as a saving of blah blah blah......"

I think that the most likely scenario is that the AAG is being configured for some sort of consolidation-that would be a scenario where a bunch of RJ pilots not working for peanuts might be an obstacle to getting a deal done.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back