• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Goodbye ASA!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Huh? Other than you first sentence i have no idea what you are talking about.

No conflict of interest. He did not fly for Skywest so there is no 2 year wait. If you go to work for the FAA you cannot handle your previous employers certificate for 2 years.

Last edited:
No conflict of interest. He did not fly for Skywest so there is no 2 year wait. If you go to work for the FAA you cannot handle your previous employers certificate for 2 years.

uuuh i know he didn't work for SkyWest. His name implies he was not at SkyWest.

Last edited:
So much for changing the negative perception people see in the FEDs. I guess it only takes 6 months to conform to ways and attitudes of government work. Congrats.

Wow, so this thread lives...

To the idiot who posted this quote, get your facts straight before you run your mouth. I'm not the "one" from ASA who all the SkyWest people were worried about. There are four former ASA pilots who are now FAA inspectors in the SkyWest CMO. Also, just because we do our jobs doesn't mean we now "...conform to ways and attitudes of government work." Ironic that you would accuse me of becoming a mindless government sheep yet you spout off the stereotypical take on FAA inspectors without any idea of what you're talking about. I haven't forgotten where I came from and I'm still proud of my ASA heritage and my ASA brothers and sisters. Nothing about doing my job is personal.

So much for changing the negative perception people see in some of the people who post on FlightInfo...

hey asapilot,

how are things going with the new job?

how are the feds treating you.

701EV

hey asapilot,

how are things going with the new job?

how are the feds treating you.

701EV

It's going very well actually. The job is much different than I perceived it to be when I was flying. I've learned a great deal about the industry and the government and just aviation in general. It is a lot of cube time, but it's something different everyday and you can really be involved as little or as much as you want to. There are some days when I wish I could be out flying, but I have no regrets about the choice to come here.

Working for the Man is not so bad. While there is certainly the bureaucracy, it's not nearly as intrusive as I thought it might be. Our office is very good at not micro-managing inspectors, so as long as the work's getting done, you can pretty much run your own show. The paycheck's good, the retirement's good, and the schedule flexibility is a lot better than I thought it would be.

The FAA is undergoing a major changing of the guard right now with the large majority of employees eligible for retirement and younger inspectors coming in. I see good things coming, just not always as fast as we'd like.

OCP said:
And how do we get a job there too!?

www.faa.gov It'll take you to the USA Jobs site. Aviation Safety Inspectors are Series 1825. The number keeps bouncing around, but we were hearing in the neighborhood of 600+ inspectors being hired this year nationwide. Like I said above, retirements are happening all the time, so we're gearing up to pick up new people. If you want more info, send me a PM.

7) J.B. can complain all he wants about ALPA and how it's wronged us all and in many ways he's right, but until he actually offers a solution, a real answer for what we should agree on, how it helps us, and how we can move forward to get what we deserve, he's just noise and a distraction to the people who believe that they are worth more than just "living to fight another day"

I counted JB as a friend until he helped put the knife in my back... thank God I got on with American soon after and was free of the tangled web they weaved.... but in a nutshell, while I agree with some of what JB says, in the end, he's been part of the problem, and not the solution regarding ALPA/regionals and the mainline.

Latest resources

Back