• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Goodbye ASA!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am sure that one of those people is the other Andrew that works for the Feds in SLC that was an ASA pilot.

Best of luck!

That's me. The other three are TAB, PAR, and RBM. I guess I really should change my username though, so no one accuses me of conflict of interest again! :)

How can you go to work for Skybus and then lecture anyone else about "hurting the profession". You did what you needed to do, but you are contributing to the same problem that you criticize others for. I am sorry that things haven't worked out for you, but attacking those of us at ASA isn't helping.

Don't you dare. No one company has "destroyed" the airline industry. Managements do. Maybe you should check your history instead of sounding like a "newbie regional pilot". TWA was a low cost carrier of its time. Are you going to trash all those pilots? SWA was ridiculed for years and still slightly ridiculed. Fact is... SWA makes money. Some of the highest paid pilots in the industry. They also have some of the highest paid flight attendants in the industry.
Don't talk about things you don't know about. You have no idea what the story behind the story was with the Skybus pay scale or business model because you didn't work there. You probably didn't even bother to research what happened. But yet you sit here like a "hind sight genious" and pretend you know all the behind the scenes information on why a company works and how they "destroyed the industry".

Let me tell you something...heres what destroys the airline industry.

1. Managements that are hell bent on bonuses reguardless of how it affects the company. (Lower pay)
2. Pilots who would rather fight and step on one another than saying, "welcome...here let me help you...let me show you"
3. FAA+Company+Aircraft Manufacturer circle-jerk-committee who work together to cheapen and lessen training, maintainence and operating costs (Greasey palms).

Here is some news...

1. Its still a free country.
2. A man or women can start a business if they so choose.
3. Its still a free market society (unless you believe that the only airlines that are allowed to exist are United, American, Delta).
4. To start and make a business sucessful in the airline industry you have to be innovative-different.

Everyone loves to say I told ya so... but they would have never have known they were correct unless someone else tried it.

Stop listening to Mike Boyd...hes one of the Hulu aliens, he'll rot your brain! :puke:

Don't you dare. No one company has "destroyed" the airline industry. Managements do. Maybe you should check your history instead of sounding like a "newbie regional pilot". TWA was a low cost carrier of its time. Are you going to trash all those pilots? SWA was ridiculed for years and still slightly ridiculed. Fact is... SWA makes money. Some of the highest paid pilots in the industry. They also have some of the highest paid flight attendants in the industry.
Don't talk about things you don't know about. You have no idea what the story behind the story was with the Skybus pay scale or business model because you didn't work there. You probably didn't even bother to research what happened. But yet you sit here like a "hind sight genious" and pretend you know all the behind the scenes information on why a company works and how they "destroyed the industry".

Let me tell you something...heres what destroys the airline industry.

1. Managements that are hell bent on bonuses reguardless of how it affects the company. (Lower pay)
2. Pilots who would rather fight and step on one another than saying, "welcome...here let me help you...let me show you"
3. FAA+Company+Aircraft Manufacturer circle-jerk-committee who work together to cheapen and lessen training, maintainence and operating costs (Greasey palms).

Here is some news...

1. Its still a free country.
2. A man or women can start a business if they so choose.
3. Its still a free market society (unless you believe that the only airlines that are allowed to exist are United, American, Delta).
4. To start and make a business sucessful in the airline industry you have to be innovative-different.

Everyone loves to say I told ya so... but they would have never have known they were correct unless someone else tried it.

Stop listening to Mike Boyd...hes one of the Hulu aliens, he'll rot your brain! :puke:

Hey Bleedovertemp - Did you actually read the context of the debate before you went into your rage? I actually agree with everything you just said. Maybe you should direct your anger at FMS-Speed. He is the one blaming all of the woes on us regional pilots. I only brought up the Skybus issue because it is a little hypocritical for a pilot who went to work there simply because he loves flying to then turn around and blame regional pilots for his problems.

Take a deep breath and it will be OK.:smash:

Hey Bleedovertemp - Did you actually read the context of the debate before you went into your rage? I actually agree with everything you just said. Maybe you should direct your anger at FMS-Speed. He is the one blaming all of the woes on us regional pilots. I only brought up the Skybus issue because it is a little hypocritical for a pilot who went to work there simply because he loves flying to then turn around and blame regional pilots for his problems.

Take a deep breath and it will be OK.:smash:

I have read the whole thread. I do understand. But I see the overtones. You cannot compare Skybus to a regional. There was no one there under 2000 hours. You're grasping at straws and turn the argument around on two totally different situations.

I have read the whole thread. I do understand. But I see the overtones. You cannot compare Skybus to a regional. There was no one there under 2000 hours. You're grasping at straws and turn the argument around on two totally different situations.

Your just like FMS-Speed. Apparantly it's OK to fly A320s for regional wages and workrules, but not RJs. You "big" airplane drivers are different than us scooter trash. You can undercut folks and it's OK because you have an excuse.

Did you fly for Skybus too? Who do you fly for now?

Originally Posted by FMS-Speed
"Cause I like flying for a living... having independent wealth isn't the same as having a job.

edit: Like I said, if you think I'm BSing you, pm me your email and I'll forward pics of some of my toys, including $20K watches, Custom guitars, a Mercedes, a BMW, and a $8500 mountain bike but to name a few things.. I'm not trying to turn this into a show and tell, but you all seem to question my value as a result of my jobs.. Heck! I'll bet the set of luggage I just got to travel with costs more than some of your cars. If you want to question my value as a result of working at Skybus, fine.. so I'm going to see you and raise you.. what's YOUR net worth? "

Since I've been reading these boards. A while now. This is the biggest piece of $hit I have ever encountered.

If you feel better little Tobey trying to be a big man by rubbing peoples faces in your mythological lifestyle, then good for you. Do you have a pair of $300 socks too? How 'bout a sink made out of chinchilla?

Latest resources

Back