• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Goodbye ASA!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well worded, well thought out post!!! Good luck, enjoy the new job..

Only one disagreement... Moe's is horrid. Stood in line and watched the guy behind the counter dump not one, but two FULL soup ladles worth of that melted cheese-food product over nachos for the guy in front of me, then add some sort of ground meat, about 3 tablespoons of sour cream, and then a few chives (the one redeeming ingredient) :puke:

P.S. best part is the guy looked like a plump Kenny G and was carrying a dog that couldn't have weighed more than 5lbs :cartman:

You don't quite strike me as a FAA sort of guy. Congrats on the move!
Thanks, that's a compliment! I'm hoping to change the "fed" image. Most of the guys in that office are pretty laid back and they really want to change the image of the FAA.

Any idea if they are hiring here in the ATL? :)

I'm sure they are; they've got a lot of people eligible for retirement. I see J.P. posted a link.

How long after you completed the FAA application did it take you to hear from them?
It was very short. I kinda knew some people that knew some people... ;)

Enjoy working with the others out there from ASA who went to the dark side. TB is one of them, I believe.
Yep, TB started it all for us. Now there's PR and RM as well.

What, roughly, will be your starting pay there? Did you get credit for your ASA experience?
They top out at $73K/yr. Seems kind of low to me.
It wasn't so much "credit" as it was "preference" for ASA experience. Since we share fleet commonality with Skywest, they were very interested in people with EMB-120 and CRJ type ratings. Pay depends on your locality. In SLC, starting is about 63K. The 73k top isn't correct though. Second year will be about 75k and over 80K by year 4.

I still think you made the flaps stick at 0 so you could save the world with your no flap landing, all because your new girlfriend was on the flight!
You've got to admit that if you're going to have declare an emergency, doing it when your new girlfriend's non-reving to the overnight in Ft. Walton Beach is about the perfect time for it. You're the one who moved the flap lever, so I blame you. Too bad she turned out to be crazy...

This is good, we need people fighting for pilots on the dark side
That's the idea. I hope some of the culture will trickle over to the other offices. The SLC guys really seem to "be there to help" though, as cliche as it sounds.

I stand by my Moe's statement, probably because the people that work there are typically a more lively bunch than the Wendy's or ABC workers. At least if you catch them early they are.

The only downside to the FAA is now I've got to go buy myself a bunch of ties...

Good Luck!

It'll be nice having someone like you over there to keep them weenies in line. You are way the hell smarter than any fed I have ever come across......

ASA is losing a good guy-too bad. I totally agree with your perspective on this place, we do have all the components of a great airline, but can't seem to find anyone to put it l together-somehow the 'tards keep rising to the top.

A.A. you are a good dude, and we will miss you-don't blame you a bit, but I think I'll stick it out a while and see how things turn out.....

BTW-if I'm ever in DFW again, I will steer clear of that damn wooden coaster at their six flags! That sumbitch 'bout rattled my liver out!
-Keep rockin!

I see the tool box just got larger!Just kidding! Congrats on getting paroled from prison. I really enjoyed flying with you in the Burger King Brasilia and the Jet. I learned all of the things not to do in a plane.
I think you should ad to the list. #1 Not having to fly when there are clouds out! Couldn't resist! Really though, congrats again and do me a favor and don't start flashing the badge and breaking chops at LAX with the Foreign Carriers ok. All the best! JC 11-06 paroled!

It'll be nice having someone like you over there to keep them weenies in line. You are way the hell smarter than any fed I have ever come across......

BTW-if I'm ever in DFW again, I will steer clear of that damn wooden coaster at their six flags! That sumbitch 'bout rattled my liver out!
-Keep rockin!

Shh...don't mention being smart in public. I like to set the bar low so there's no expectations :)

Ahh..the Texas Giant. Yeah, I thought for sure I was going to the hospital with an aortic tear after riding that thing!

I really enjoyed flying with you in the Burger King Brasilia and the Jet. I learned all of the things not to do in a plane.
I think you should ad to the list. #1 Not having to fly when there are clouds out! Couldn't resist! Really though, congrats again and do me a favor and don't start flashing the badge and breaking chops at LAX with the Foreign Carriers ok.

I should have gotten an automatic CFI renewal for having to fly with you. I am the Yoda to your Luke Skywalker. You know the clouds and I have an agreement. I can assure you that when I'm on the LAX ramp, you'll be the first person I come looking for. The word about you may not have traveled all the way to Hong King yet, but I'll be sure to let them know.

The Fuzz

See ya A.A.!! I'll miss you and your spikey hair. Good luck and have fun with T.B., R.M. and A.R. I've been looking into the same thing in SF. Need my type first - in upgrade now. Might give you a call sometime.
Adios Amigo,
J.B.

Thanks, that's a compliment! I'm hoping to change the "fed" image. Most of the guys in that office are pretty laid back and they really want to change the image of the FAA.

I'm sure they are; they've got a lot of people eligible for retirement. I see J.P. posted a link.

It was very short. I kinda knew some people that knew some people... ;)

Yep, TB started it all for us. Now there's PR and RM as well.

It wasn't so much "credit" as it was "preference" for ASA experience. Since we share fleet commonality with Skywest, they were very interested in people with EMB-120 and CRJ type ratings. Pay depends on your locality. In SLC, starting is about 63K. The 73k top isn't correct though. Second year will be about 75k and over 80K by year 4.

You've got to admit that if you're going to have declare an emergency, doing it when your new girlfriend's non-reving to the overnight in Ft. Walton Beach is about the perfect time for it. You're the one who moved the flap lever, so I blame you. Too bad she turned out to be crazy...

That's the idea. I hope some of the culture will trickle over to the other offices. The SLC guys really seem to "be there to help" though, as cliche as it sounds.

I stand by my Moe's statement, probably because the people that work there are typically a more lively bunch than the Wendy's or ABC workers. At least if you catch them early they are.

The only downside to the FAA is now I've got to go buy myself a bunch of ties...

Congrats on the new job... The crazy chick from Ft. Walton Beach didn't happen to be DD did she?

See ya A.A.!! I'll miss you and your spikey hair. Good luck and have fun with T.B., R.M. and A.R. I've been looking into the same thing in SF. Need my type first - in upgrade now. Might give you a call sometime.
Adios Amigo,
J.B.

I might have spikey hair, but at least I don't wear a backpack! When I think of you, I think of landing in DSM with poor braking action and someone not arming the thrust reversers. :) Good luck in upgrade. You can give me a call anytime!

Gr82Aviate said:
The crazy chick from Ft. Walton Beach didn't happen to be DD did she?
No no, she was a non-ASA girl. I do work outside the company sometimes! ;)

Latest resources

Back