Goodbye ASA!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Stickers

If any of you DFW/SLC/LAX people(you ATL people can get in on this too I guess ;)) want one of my ASA stickers I had made just before we left LAX, send me a PM and I'll send you one. I've still got a few left.

If any of you DFW/SLC/LAX people(you ATL people can get in on this too I guess ;)) want one of my ASA stickers I had made just before we left LAX, send me a PM and I'll send you one. I've still got a few left.

What types of airplanes would you fly for the FAA? I know they operate King Airs, Lear 60s and some Challengers. Sounds like your CRJ experience could come in handy.

What types of airplanes would you fly for the FAA? I know they operate King Airs, Lear 60s and some Challengers. Sounds like your CRJ experience could come in handy.

He'll be flying the well known "P51" along with a beautiful cloth seat that will be optioned with...rollers, armrests and with a slight recline. BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE! The FAA coffee mug and the world famous "I'm the FAA and were here to help you" name tag.

In all fun this guy was a great DFW, SLC and LAX pilot. He was part of the "True ASA family".

Well guys, it's been real but I'm out of here after today. I've been here for nearly 9 years and after doing the DFW-SLC-ATL-LAX-ATL shuffle, I've had all the ASA I can stand and then some. For those keeping score at home, my seniority # is 379, so congratulations to everyone below me.

Some sick part of me wanted to stay and see how the contract played out, but I"m over it now. I grew up in Southern California so the 6-month tease in LAX before being forced back to ATL was the final straw. If I never set foot in ATL again I'll be a happy man(though I did enjoy the sweet tea).

ASA has got some fantastic people and I've learned much in the time I've been here. The level of experience in our pilot group is outstanding and we've got a top-notch training department to back it up. And this is the real tragedy of ASA: Between our pilot group, our equipment, our route structure, and our financial strength, this company has got the largest unrealized potential in the industry. All those tools and not a single joker in the G.O. can figure out how to use them. It's a shame for both our employees and our customers.

So, with that, I leave you the top ten things I think I know about ASA:

1) ASA will hire anyone, especially now.

2) Anyone who doesn't think R.C. in the CP office is a good guy either a) is a screw-up, b) has no sense of humor, or c) hasn't ever really talked to him.

3) Moe's is the best thing to happen to Concourse C in a long time.

4) No matter how bad you treat them, people will fly anywhere, anytime.

5) 30 hours in Montreal is a good thing

6) S.H. is not always the enemy. I was as skeptical as anyone, but in dealing with him personally and directly, I've found that if you're right, he will get your back and he will fix it.

7) J.B. can complain all he wants about ALPA and how it's wronged us all and in many ways he's right, but until he actually offers a solution, a real answer for what we should agree on, how it helps us, and how we can move forward to get what we deserve, he's just noise and a distraction to the people who believe that they are worth more than just "living to fight another day"

8) If you're overnighting in Alabama or Mississippi, there's a good chance you'll be mugged, stabbed, or shot at or, barring that, get food poisoning from one of the several hundred Waffle Houses(they use the same utensils for everything they cook people!)

9) If everyone stopped using their cellphones for just one day, our operation would come to a grinding halt before lunch time.

10) Scheduling and Dispatch both appear to operate with only an abacus, a dartboard, and a single phone line. Also, Payroll doesn't do math. The get it wrong with disturbing regularity.

Good luck to everyone at ASA. We deserve much, much better and I can only hope that it will improve. Thank you all for all the wild and crazy times!

Andrew

PS- USC Trojans suck ;)

Awww, AA, did you and CK get together and come up with that?!?!? The Mormon Mafia.... (BYU and your little banana slugs or whatever you call UCSB suck!!! ;-)(Don't violate me later for that comment). I'm sorry you're going bud, but totally understand. The FAA got a good dude. Hopefully I'll get to see you around the Ranch (meaning SLC) once in awhile. Hey, kick our old POI AT in the balls for me if you run into him at the Feds for me will ya? Take care and gimme a ring. Lemme know how many Skywest guys you violate if they vote the Union down.....(Just kidding!!) Gimme a ring when you get settled into SLC.

Trojan

Hey Bacardi, both you can ki$$ my @ss for the Trojan comments =P.

AA was great to fly with you as well, we all still miss Dallas... Take care and good luck... CONGRATS !!

SB

He'll be flying the well known "P51" along with a beautiful cloth seat that will be optioned with...rollers, armrests and with a slight recline. BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE! The FAA coffee mug and the world famous "I'm the FAA and were here to help you" name tag.

In all fun this guy was a great DFW, SLC and LAX pilot. He was part of the "True ASA family".

Don't forget the retractable keyboard tray and the mood lighting. I'm currently in talks with several designers to come up with a design theme for my cubicle. Something casual yet sophisticated.

USCtrojan said:
Awww, AA, did you and CK get together and come up with that?!?!? The Mormon Mafia.... (BYU and your little banana slugs or whatever you call UCSB suck!!! ;-)(Don't violate me later for that comment). I'm sorry you're going bud, but totally understand. The FAA got a good dude. Hopefully I'll get to see you around the Ranch (meaning SLC) once in awhile. Hey, kick our old POI AT in the balls for me if you run into him at the Feds for me will ya? Take care and gimme a ring. Lemme know how many Skywest guys you violate if they vote the Union down.....(Just kidding!!) Gimme a ring when you get settled into SLC.

How many times do we have to go over this, it's the Gauchos! The Banana Slugs are those potheads up in Santa Cruz. Besides, USC might win in Football and sometimes basketball, but UCSB has had the NCAA championship Surfing, Ultimate Frisbee, Soccer, and Volleyball teams. Suck it Trojans!

Trust me, if I ever see AT at any FAA function, I'll be steering clear. Talk to you up in SLC!

Don't forget the retractable keyboard tray and the mood lighting. I'm currently in talks with several designers to come up with a design theme for my cubicle. Something casual yet sophisticated.

How many times do we have to go over this, it's the Gauchos! The Banana Slugs are those potheads up in Santa Cruz. Besides, USC might win in Football and sometimes basketball, but UCSB has had the NCAA championship Surfing, Ultimate Frisbee, Soccer, and Volleyball teams. Suck it Trojans!

Trust me, if I ever see AT at any FAA function, I'll be steering clear. Talk to you up in SLC!

Gauchos Smouchos. Freebasing, and binge drinking don't count either you little tree hugger! You forgot, USC winning in.....Swimming, Water Polo, Tennis, Track and Field, baseball (it's been awhile) and some others I can't think of right now =P. Ultimate Frisbee, sheesh. Howz the FAA gonna be proud of that?

Good luck in SLC. It sucks watching all the good guys go, but I that's the way it works! Come ride my jumpseat sometime and "help me out". Just don't violate me!

Trojan

Well guys, it's been real but I'm out of here after today. I've been here for nearly 9 years and ...

It's seems like a lot of the guys leaving have said simliar things about the good crews here at ASA, quality training etc. etc. From my current experience I would agree.

However, when it's time to say my goodbyes, I hope it's not followed by the statement "I've been here for nearly 9 years and after..."

I agree with 90% of your list of "what you think you know about ASA" and for those reasons and others I plan to get outta this place ASAP.

Best of luck on the other side of the fence. Time to go shopping for some ties.

Latest resources

Back