Good NJA Flight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NJAowner

Since my last "feedback" to this board was not positive, I am glad to say I had a few flights this past week. I would say the crews' attitudes were back to normal -- very pleasant, courteous, etc. The only "attitude" was a positive one centered around good service. I had a good discussion with one SIC about the current negotiations etc. -- the conversation was initiated by me and he asked alot of questions since I feel he usually doesn't get to ask certain questions to owners. On another flight, the crew meals were usually light and we shared some of out extra food which was greatly appreciated. Most important of all -- ithey were safe and uneventful flights. Thanks.

Fly safe.

P.S. - I have recently spoken with another owner I know who is seriously considering switching to CS. Not pilot issues but multiple Owner Services issues. He has a different team than me and I have not had any OS issues in a while.

Last edited:
Want a cookie?

The only "attitude" was a positive one centered around good service

I haven't read a statement as arrogant and condescending as that one in a long time. You should be thankfull the pilots get you there safely and on time given the current climate NJA is placing them in. Made any false accusations about pilots sleeping in the cockpit lately?

The pilots have been making up for owner services mistakes for years and now that they have stoped covering owner services butt owners are blaming the poor service on the pilots.

Whats next, eh?

Fracster said:
You should be thankfull the pilots get you there safely and on time given the current climate NJA is placing them in.

What are you talking about? I apologize for being so ignorant about the "unsafe" environment NetJets is placing you in. Can you give us some instances where NetJets has purposely placed you in an unsafe situation? I'm sure that there is the occasional paperwork mistake or something of that nature, but you make it sound like you pilots are being targeted or something.

Or would your statement be called "reverse flamebait"?

Fracster said:
Want a cookie?

I haven't read a statement as arrogant and condescending as that one in a long time. You should be thankfull the pilots get you there safely and on time given the current climate NJA is placing them in. Made any false accusations about pilots sleeping in the cockpit lately?

The pilots have been making up for owner services mistakes for years and now that they have stoped covering owner services butt owners are blaming the poor service on the pilots.

Whats next, eh?

I think you misread what he meant.

Some guy said:
Can you give us some instances where NetJets has purposely placed you in an unsafe situation?
Recently, a crew had electrical smoke coming from the yoke. They were able to isolate the source of the electrical fire, pull the appropriate circuit breaker and land without event. Under the company's new Maintenance Carry Over program (the mechanic's ability to MEL items that are not covered by the MEL), a maintenance tech collared the circuit breaker and pronounced the plane safe for 3 additional legs. To me, that sounds unsafe. Why wouldn't you want to inspect the control column area and see exactly what was damaged? Any other associated wires damaged? I guess not, as long as it's more important to "keep 'em flying" instead of "keep 'em from burning". Care to defend that?

Majik said:
Recently, a crew had electrical smoke coming from the yoke. They were able to isolate the source of the electrical fire, pull the appropriate circuit breaker and land without event. Under the company's new Maintenance Carry Over program (the mechanic's ability to MEL items that are not covered by the MEL), a maintenance tech collared the circuit breaker and pronounced the plane safe for 3 additional legs. To me, that sounds unsafe. Why wouldn't you want to inspect the control column area and see exactly what was damaged? Any other associated wires damaged? I guess not, as long as it's more important to "keep 'em flying" instead of "keep 'em from burning". Care to defend that?

Excellent question. I had not heard of this incident in particular. My job requires me to be very closely involved with the maintenance side of things with NetJets. I cannot speak for this incident, but if this were to happen on my shift, I would have had the tech absolutely determine where and what the problem was and ensured that it was isolated to one spot / system. Yes an inspection of the affected area would be required and if found to be safe, the acft would be flown via ferry permit (no pax) one flight to a service center. (I'm not sure I would have used the MCO myself) Are you sure the technician didn't inspect the wires / etc inside the yoke? I'll bet that there is a little more to the story. I don't believe, nor have I seen, anyone in the dept I work in knowingly allow any pilot to take an unsafe aircraft. You know you are always welcomed to call us and question anything that doesn't seem right. It is our built in system of checks & balances. As far as (maintenance) safety goes we all need to be on the same side.

As of now, our DOM must approve of all MCO items. By time it gets to him, 2 or 3 people have already agreed that we can MCO the item in question.

Oh yeah, I work for the same company that provides you excellent service, who gets you to your destination safely and who are having horrible labor/management relations. I am a member of above pilot group who you can so easily b!tch about because some pilot or two didn't greet you with a smile and kiss your a$$.
I don't give a fook how much money you have or who you are but don't complain about my pilot group. If you don't like it, LEAVE!

We do an excellent job. We are on time, efficient and above all safe. We make sure YOUR catering is on board. We make sure YOUR newspapers, magazines and personal items are on board. We make sure YOUR car/limo/rental is ready for you and we don't call the company and complain when you show up pissed off because you broke a nail or had a lousy day on the golf course.

Thank you acaTerry and Publishers. Plus I do not think that FRACster is a NJA pilot.

If he is he's an embarrassment to our company.

Unfortunately, he may very well be who he says he is. I've been with the company longer than most, and until recently I didn't think we had people like that.

Many of us know who really pays the bills and despite our differences appreciate the work and your patronage.

One can only hope he will heed his own advice....

If you don't like it, LEAVE!

Latest resources

Back