Good First Officers?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just like Triumph, "I Keed, I keed".

Most CPT's I've flown with were really laid back and told me to speak up if something didn't look right.

Good luck.

A simple question

WOW.... guy just starting out, wants to do a good job and not step on anyone's toes, asks a respectable question and all he gets back is sarcastic/stupid/moronic responses....and you "captains" wonder why you can't get a "good" first officer... I guess you're making your own bed....

Atccfi said:
WOW.... guy just starting out, wants to do a good job and not step on anyone's toes, asks a respectable question and all he gets back is sarcastic/stupid/moronic responses....and you "captains" wonder why you can't get a "good" first officer... I guess you're making your own bed....
Hey pilotskyblue, this is the kind of "stick-up-the-a$$" you don't want to be, that's for sure.

PilotSkyBlue said:
Just started as an F/O wondering if any captains out there had any inputs of which characteristics make a good F/O.

Be personable
courteous
flexible
safe
knowledgable
resourceful
professional
& take pride in what you do.

Good luck!!

There are only three things a capt wants to hear from the FO

1. we're on fire
2. 1st rounds on me
3. I'll take the ugly one

Seriously, most xapts wan't fo's that know the plan and aren't afraid to ask questions. Another important thing is to know when to be quiet. Think before you speak/xmit and you will do fine

I would of held you to a higher standard Hugh.....but then again, I guess you're just an arrogant know it all "captain" that we should all envy to become.... thanks but no thanks

Latest resources

Back