• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

GOJET to do Delta flying!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
8 planes (comair tails) from ASA and 4 planes (also comair tails) from Skywest airlines. 6 ASA CR2's are headed being retired

Had we been ONE streamlined airline with no redundancy instead of *SkyWest + ASA* under a shell game of a holding company with $redundancy$, would this have happened? How much does it cost to have two CEOs, two headquarters, 2X etc, 2X etc, etc. Now we have a bad situation for ASA/ExpressJet and SkyWest Airlines.

Food for thought.

Had we been ONE streamlined airline with no redundancy instead of *SkyWest + ASA* under a shell game of a holding company with $redundancy$, would this have happened? How much does it cost to have two CEOs, two headquarters, 2X etc, 2X etc, etc. Now we have a bad situation for ASA/ExpressJet and SkyWest Airlines.

Food for thought.

It costs a lot less this way then the increased leverage labor would achieve with a single group...Seriously, this argument is so lame. Labor would use the increased leverage to extract more gains.

It's hard to compete with GoJets regardless. There pay is near the bottom and 5 years is a senior pilot.

ALPA failed to reign in brand scope back when they had a chance, and now we are seeing the results...

Funny how this was annouced during our current contract negotiations.

You do realize that this decision had nothing to do with ASA or Skywest management? This was Delta deciding to find cheaper lift than either ASA or Skywest. I was wondering how long it would take for someone to imply this is just a negotiating tactic.

It costs a lot less this way then the increased leverage labor would achieve with a single group...Seriously, this argument is so lame. Labor would use the increased leverage to extract more gains.

It's hard to compete with GoJets regardless. There pay is near the bottom and 5 years is a senior pilot.

ALPA failed to reign in brand scope back when they had a chance, and now we are seeing the results...

While I partially agree, the leverage argument is unquantifiable...especially with a possible loss of ALPA with a full merger. So, we both have lame and unsubstantiated opinions.

But like I said...food for thought.

Funny how this was annouced during our current contract negotiations.

I think TSA signing their contract made it possible to sign the leases. So that was the dangling carrot, a kick in the a$$! Why am I not surprised!!!

While I partially agree, the leverage argument is unquantifiable...especially with a possible loss of ALPA with a full merger. So, we both have lame and unsubstantiated opinions.

The only way you may ever get a complete merge with Skywest is to get rid of ALL the unions at ASA/XJT....IMO, that will never happen. I'm all for it, but there are too many union brain washed people who think the union is protecting them.

Latest resources

Back