GoJet Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No GOJET hiring at my airline!

I don't know if other airlines will hire a GoJet pilot or not. When I left TSA I was going to make it my top priority to see that no GoJetter was ever hired by my new airline(a Major). As it turns out I didn't have to do anthing. They are already not welcome. Not even on the jumpseat, much less in the left or right. When I found this out I KNEW I was at the right airline. I'll never forget what happend to us at TSA and there are a lot more guys that are a lot more militant about this than me. Many of them have all moved on to other majors and will do there part to keep GoJet pilots off the property. I'm sure a few slip thru the cracks, but its a roll of the dice to go there. Stay far, far, away from GoJet.

P.S. Someone PM me so I can send money to the strike fund!

Last edited:
I don't know if other airlines will hire a GoJet pilot or not. When I left TSA I was going to make it my top priority to see that no GoJetter was ever hired by my new airline(a Major). As it turns out I didn't have to do anthing. They are already not welcome. Not even on the jumpseat, much less in the left or right. When I found this out I KNEW I was at the right airline. I'll never forget what happend to us at TSA and there are a lot more guys that are a lot more militant about this than me. Many of them have all moved on to other majors and will do there part to keep GoJet pilots off the property. I'm sure a few slip thru the cracks, but its a roll of the dice to go there. Stay far, far, away from GoJet.

....and this "Major" is????????????? Puhleeeeeeeeze. *eyeroll*

Why not go to Asia, make 5 to 8 times the money with your 737 rating?

QUOTE]

Simple, a six year old daughter.

I get what you are saying. However, reality in my world is I have been unemployed for 5 months and the bank continues to insist on sending me a monthly bill for my mortgage and my little girl continues to expect ( and deserve) food on the table. I don't have options right now. Short of a picket line or ALPA opinion, I have to consider it.

Hey Guppy

I know what your getting at. However, allow me as a fellow UA Furloughee help. Myself and a few others have started working in Dubai for Fly Dubai(FlyDubai.com) on the 737-800 FO pay is just under 12k per month. Time off is supposed to be 18 - 20 per month and 42 days vacation a year. Upgrade will be 1 -2 years and pay is then just under 16k. If you need any further help send me a PM. Like I said there are a few of us UAL guy and girls here. Good Luck

Fly

Grow up.

look outside of flying for the time being to work. you will be home every night versus having 10 days off being based in chicago and earning less than minimum wage.

unemployment has been extended by the obama admin. work landscaping, something other than gojets.

signed,
someone also furloughed for over a year.

Guppydriver,

I'm honestly interested to know what you think about CL's advice... Assuming you work for United, you no doubt were pulling at least 100k (unless you're a BRAND NEW HIRE at UA) per year. How could you go off to work every week in STL, see your 6 year old scarcely, make $h!t for money and get bent over the barrel work-rules wise just so you can keep calling yourself an airline pilot? Why not roll up your sleeves and get a job in landscaping, construction or other manual labor. I'd sure as hell take that option over going to work for GJ and incurring the spite and ill-will of most of the industry, as well as making it harder for me to look at myself in the mirror every morning.

Why are you so desperate to get a job in aviation that you'd lower yourself to working for GJ?

There was a go-jets alumni in my united new-hire class March 08......

Really, I could not care less what anyone thinks about someone who needs a flying job going to go-jet....it sucks, but alpa soldiers are spouting hypocracy......scope was not important when someone ELSE (junior) was getting outsourced to the regionals.

The answer is simple scope language in all contracts, that must be signed by the HOLDINGS Company....it was effective in the Mesaba bankruptcy in 2006..

Blame the alpa lawyers, not the pilot needing a job....

Really, I could not care less what anyone thinks about someone who needs a flying job going to go-jet....it sucks, but alpa soldiers are spouting hypocracy......scope was not important when someone ELSE (junior) was getting outsourced to the regionals.

The answer is simple scope language in all contracts, that must be signed by the HOLDINGS Company....it was effective in the Mesaba bankruptcy in 2006..

You're absolutely correct. If you fly for any of the regionals and you bash Gojet pilots, you are a hypocrite.....plain and simple.

Last edited:
....and this "Major" is????????????? Puhleeeeeeeeze. *eyeroll*

He wont tell ya because its a myth

Saabservant said it 100% correct! Thanks for smart people!

Very good point. It's easier to blame the lowly pilots. GJ is not different than compass, republic, shuttle etc, they were formed for scope issues. TSA pilots couldn't fly for Gojet even after several attempts by the company to actually give them growth!!! and the unions approval. If there is an opening, and TSA pilots can't fly it, what are you going to do as a street pilot? The fact that the people responsible for the negotiations f'ed up by letting GJ start without TSA pilots is not anyones problem. Certainly not for someone today that's looking for a job. Now the TSA of today is dealing with the consequences of 05, I doubt they can even get anything it's too late.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back