• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gojet getting 50 seaters!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Trust me..i see your point and understand it. Im just sick of hearing it..Just goes to show you that one airline isnt better than another. They will all cut throats to get ahead no matter what. Never the less..have a happy holiday guys.
Your missing the point.

If airline "x" flies say a 100 seat aircraft. Wants to fly 150 seat aircraft. But the labor costs would infringe on profits they decide to open a new company..."Y" then hire new pilots. Year 1 pay and can undercut all other airlines because of the new low labor costs.
This hurts all pilots because this new company can undercut all other airlines prices. So when Comair went on strike to bring up the pay, Go Jets just did the opposite.
It doesn't matter if you fly a CRJ in China. The low cost airline affects us all. Now if no one went to fly at Go Jets then they would have had to use the TSA pilots and pay them accordingly. But people got greedy and wanted a quick upgrade. Now don't give me the song and dance about people needing jobs. The jobs were there all along. Sleezy management just moved them from TSA to Go Jets. So if no one took the jobs at Go Jets then they could go to TSA. Where the jobs should have been in the first place.

So why does nobody call TSA pilots scabs? Aren't they flying routes that would otherwise go to Eagle at a cheaper price than Eagle pilots would get paid?

TSA was origanally flying for TWA before the AA aquisition. But yes you do have a point, we are all flying someone else's routes. I still would protest a GoJet jumpseaters though, everyone else welcome.

So why does nobody call TSA pilots scabs? Aren't they flying routes that would otherwise go to Eagle at a cheaper price than Eagle pilots would get paid?

What the F are you talking about, where have you been the last year? TSA is downsizing including the AA flying which will go away by next year. More than 30% of TSA pilots will be furloughed. Compare that with 0 at Eagle. There are Chatauqua and Eagle flights in STL as well, I don't know if you realized that. By your reasoning then Eagle should be scabs because they are flying TSA routes that came from TWA. TSA was flying for TWA, they got grandfathered in when TWA became AA. Therefore they became AAconnection. Please do some research before you post something.

TSA is flying former Eagle routes out of MIA that were not godfathered in with airplanes they lease from AMR (that are returning to Eagle if I'm not mistaken). Like I said, unless you are flying for SWA from DAL-HOU, there is a very high chance that we are all flying routes formerly flown by another airline and being paid less than those pilots we have "replaced." Reality is a b!tch sometimes.

Than go ahead and Protest CAL pilots as well...and UAL, AA..the list can go on with scabs!!
TSA was origanally flying for TWA before the AA aquisition. But yes you do have a point, we are all flying someone else's routes. I still would protest a GoJet jumpseaters though, everyone else welcome.

Than go ahead and Protest CAL pilots as well...and UAL, AA..the list can go on with scabs!!

Yep, and since the list can go on and on. It seems like wasted energy running around pointing a finger at everyone else, claiming they took your work.

Latest resources

Back