• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gojet getting 50 seaters!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
if life was that tough, just get a job doing something else. With any type of education you can make way more than a go jets FO

Gojet pilots better finally take a stand. I am not holding my breath. And until you do, you are still not welcome on my jumpseat.

Oh, scary, jumpseat wars!

This is just a thought.... & I know it is going to be tuff to hear. But, - In order to save jobs at this point, TSA pilots may have to under cut Go-Jet and consider ridding ourselves of ALPA.

Just a thought - no need to tear me apart. I'm just facing reality as we are not in any kind of a position.

This is just a thought.... & I know it is going to be tuff to hear. But, - In order to save jobs at this point, TSA pilots may have to under cut Go-Jet and consider ridding ourselves of ALPA.

Just a thought - no need to tear me apart. I'm just facing reality as we are not in any kind of a position.
Good luck!

my post was in no means to be condescending to anyone. My point was that it is tough out there. There are MANY pilots that simply want to continue doing what they enjoy and have worked hard to accomplish. I do not look back at my flying at CHQ as anything but a good positive experience. I made many great friends, improved on my flying skills and used it as the stepping-stone that it was. My point is that there are many qualified pilots out there on the street. Many unable to live on unemployment. I know some who have/are losing their homes. They were not living beyond their means, simply could not replace their income with the jobs that are available. So if GoJets is their only choice then they should not be treated as "SCABS" but as fellow pilots making hard choices in hard time.

Now as far as "I had my time, leave the jobs to CFI's"
That is not fair to any furloughed pilot. They have and continue to pay their dues. They have worked hard and are victims of the current economy. Just cut them some slack. You too may someday have to walk in their shoes. I hope not, but who knows these days. I have tried to help many pilots move on to better jobs. I have NEVER refused a fellow pilot any assistance, be it a letter of recommendation walked into the CP office, or a few phone calls to try to help find work. So please, back off and be thankful you have a job.

my post was in no means to be condescending to anyone. My point was that it is tough out there. There are MANY pilots that simply want to continue doing what they enjoy and have worked hard to accomplish. I do not look back at my flying at CHQ as anything but a good positive experience. I made many great friends, improved on my flying skills and used it as the stepping-stone that it was. My point is that there are many qualified pilots out there on the street. Many unable to live on unemployment. I know some who have/are losing their homes. They were not living beyond their means, simply could not replace their income with the jobs that are available. So if GoJets is their only choice then they should not be treated as "SCABS" but as fellow pilots making hard choices in hard time.

Now as far as "I had my time, leave the jobs to CFI's"
That is not fair to any furloughed pilot. They have and continue to pay their dues. They have worked hard and are victims of the current economy. Just cut them some slack. You too may someday have to walk in their shoes. I hope not, but who knows these days. I have tried to help many pilots move on to better jobs. I have NEVER refused a fellow pilot any assistance, be it a letter of recommendation walked into the CP office, or a few phone calls to try to help find work. So please, back off and be thankful you have a job.

I wish more pilots had Oldman's attitude. This industry would be a far better place if they did...

I wish more pilots had Oldman's attitude. This industry would be a far better place if they did...

No....the industry would not be a better place with this attitude. Every SCAB that has ever disgraced the earth with their presence has used Old Man's moniker of "hard choices in a hard time." Maybe those words whispered over and over in the mind of SCAB help them sleep at night but they will never wash the stain and stench of a SCAB from our cockpits.

Until pilots can divorce themselves from the rampant professional desperation that plagues our ranks this profession will never move forward. Its utterly stunning to me that many pilots cannot seem recoup from a job loss by accepting employment outside of a cockpit for a short period of time until the job market is better. I know for a fact that a pilot is capable of doing things in the job market other than flying airplanes. Why do pilots insist on whoring themselves out to some of the worst flying jobs around without batting an eyelash?

In this job market, I don't think anything's really possible right now...extreme times call for extreme measures. Rather or not the person classifies flying for GoJet as part of that is up to the individual. This time in history seems to be different than the standard "hard choices in hard times" remarks of the past. On pace to lose over 800,000 jobs this year with no end in sight....

Capable of doing things other than flying? Sure...Actually getting the job somewhere regardless of if it's flying or not? Good luck...

I might not agree with Gojet but I wouldn't bash the guys that decide to go either....I'd say just leave 'em alone....

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back