• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gojet getting 50 seaters!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Can a moderator delete this thread or tittle it, something like Goat Pets, not getting 50 seaters.

No....the industry would not be a better place with this attitude. Every SCAB that has ever disgraced the earth with their presence has used Old Man's moniker of "hard choices in a hard time." Maybe those words whispered over and over in the mind of SCAB help them sleep at night but they will never wash the stain and stench of a SCAB from our cockpits.

Until pilots can divorce themselves from the rampant professional desperation that plagues our ranks this profession will never move forward. Its utterly stunning to me that many pilots cannot seem recoup from a job loss by accepting employment outside of a cockpit for a short period of time until the job market is better. I know for a fact that a pilot is capable of doing things in the job market other than flying airplanes. Why do pilots insist on whoring themselves out to some of the worst flying jobs around without batting an eyelash?

OK, so let me get this straight:

I am an unemployed former Aloha pilot. There is and was no strike at TSA. I also have a tough time finding any operators/airlines out there that are currently hiring. Now unlike my UAL/AA/CO counterparts who have an airline to return to, I don't. My currency is running out, and we all know that most places want you to be current and have some recency of experience as part of their minimum requirements. I also did my regional time banging away in turboprops before moving onto Boeings. I had a career job, and now I got set back literally 8 years.

Now let's see... there's no ALPA job action against GoJet, there's no ALPA recruitment ban against GoJet, what do you have to tell me that I shouldn't feed my family? Should I give up 13 years of paying dues all for a regional squabble over a minimum wage job?

I tell you what... if you happily employed Pinnacle pilots, Republic pilots, ASA pilots, Delta pilots, United pilots, Airtran pilots, Southwest pilots are so adamant about protecting this profession against the GoScum and the like, then start an adopt-a-furloughee program and take assessments to pay our BASIC living expenses after our unemployment benefits run out. You do that, and then you'll have a leg to stand on. But until you do... you all look like a bunch of whining crybabies who are used to getting served everything on a silver platter.

No, I do not work for GoJet.

I am an unemployed former Aloha pilot. There is and was no strike at TSA. I also have a tough time finding any operators/airlines out there that are currently hiring. Now unlike my UAL/AA/CO counterparts who have an airline to return to, I don't. My currency is running out, and we all know that most places want you to be current and have some recency of experience as part of their minimum requirements. I also did my regional time banging away in turboprops before moving onto Boeings. I had a career job, and now I got set back literally 8 years.

Now let's see... there's no ALPA job action against GoJet, there's no ALPA recruitment ban against GoJet, what do you have to tell me that I shouldn't feed my family? Should I give up 13 years of paying dues all for a regional squabble over a minimum wage job?

I tell you what... if you happily employed Pinnacle pilots, Republic pilots, ASA pilots, Delta pilots, United pilots, Airtran pilots, Southwest pilots are so adamant about protecting this profession against the GoScum and the like, then start an adopt-a-furloughee program and take assessments to pay our BASIC living expenses after our unemployment benefits run out. You do that, and then you'll have a leg to stand on. But until you do... you all look like a bunch of whining crybabies who are used to getting served everything on a silver platter.

Well said.

there's no ALPA recruitment ban against GoJet

That is incorrect, I remember some time ago a blurb on the ALPA web site urging pilots not to apply to Go Jets.

I do have a question, if in the near future we do begin to use the Aloha name would you be willing to accept a position at Mesa? That is if my union would pursue preferential hiring of former Aloha pilots.

Of course that is assuming we still exist a year from now.

Good luck to us all...

I called and SPECIFICALLY asked ALPA National if there's a recruitment ban in place for GoJet a'la Cathay Pacific a few years back, and they said no. In fact, our furloughed ALPA resources listed GoJet as one of the places hiring.

As far as your other question is concerned, would I apply to Mesa if you took the name 'Aloha' in Hawaii and you had "preferential hiring of former Aloha pilots.' I probably wouldn't simply because I can't afford to work for Mesa. I made equivalent to your 16th year CRJ-900 captain as an FO at Aloha, and we had much better work rules and retirement than Mesa. But hey, different strokes for different folks... some might be willing, but I simply can't afford it.

Awesome! Well said....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back