• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

GOJET Crew out of KIAD.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I work for Mesaba if you don't like what's written in my company's FOM take it up with my company and our union. GoJet pilots have caused financial harm upon many of my friends that work at TSA. I have no respect for GoJet backstabbers.
Ps it's not a individually waged jumpseat war it is our company policy.

Wait a minute, didn't TSA pilots operate American Eagle owned ERJs in direct violation of Eagle scope, while Eagle had pilots on furlough? Why is that acceptable? They directly violated the scope of a fellow ALPA carrier. I have friends at Eagle who were caused financial harm due to that, so should I deny all TSA guys?

Wait a minute, didn't TSA pilots operate American Eagle owned ERJs in direct violation of Eagle scope, while Eagle had pilots on furlough? Why is that acceptable? They directly violated the scope of a fellow ALPA carrier. I have friends at Eagle who were caused financial harm due to that, so should I deny all TSA guys?

In short, no. TSA had to return the Eagle airplanes before Eagle could furlough.

I think you made have taken my statement in the wrong tone..Not hard to understand considering it was you.
1.) I'm not talking down any TSA pilot who works or has worked for TSA. There are many good working folks over there. I know, because I talk to them

2.) I don't wear a lainard. I clip mine on my pocket face forward for you & everyone else to see if they choose

3.) I'm in Chicago & Dulles a lot so please feel free to come "straighten my badge" anytime.

4.) My statement was intended to imply that if you work for Hulas & somehow find pride in this craphole workplace (TSA & GoJet) then one might want to aim a little higher. This company couldn't care less about it's employees & I gleefully return the sentiment. I do my job well and to the best of my ability while reading through generally a minimum of four to five M.E.L.'s etc... But, I'm not about to go above or beyond my duty here. Not at this place. No way.

5.) I jump all over this country on all carriers and not a single time have I had to "explain myself" to anyone. Not once. Nice try though. Now, go refill your sippy cup and watch your SpongeBob show.
I still shake my head at the Juvenile attitudes here in the sandbox that is the Regional Airlines. The ball is now on your side of the sandbox. Feel free to do as you wish with it.

My signature says it all..........

Yeah, I probably misread...comes with the bitter territory I'm in right about now, sorry.

Trust me, I don't have pride in my management (14 months on the street...when will this wonderful vacation end Hulas?) but I DO have pride in our pilot group. All-in-all the guys I flew with at TSA were by far the best group of pilots I've ever shared a common space with. Nothing that management does will ever reduce my pride in my pilot group, kinda like growing up in the projects or something.

As for the jump-seating...I did a lot of it as well seeing as though I live on a coast that's far from the Lou and every time I got in a cockpit GJ was brought up. Seeing and hearing that from mainline pilots as well as having long chats about the airline industry is why I didn't go over when I was F'd. I could entertain you all with stories but I'll save that for my blog.

In the end, you're right, most of this is juvenile. Of late I'm questioning why I ever chose to become a pilot.

Wow, talk about a race to the bottom. I will at least say this, as a captain at XJ I know of two times I allowed GJ pilots to hitch rides (the only two that ever asked). You want to hide behind the FOM go right ahead, I have no dog in this fight and couldn't care less about GJ, TSA or all the bull$hit associated with it. This crap has happened since the first day a regional started flying, grow up.

My airplane, my seat, no one gets denied a ride if there's space. Idiots, go ahead, play into management's hand yet again. These seats are all we have left as a profession and you little girls are jumping at the chance to give that authority away too.

Never said I was hiding behind the FOM. I have denied GoJet out of STL and told them to their face why. I am very happy our FOM is in line with my beliefs.

In short, no. TSA had to return the Eagle airplanes before Eagle could furlough.

The timing of furloughs may have been off, but the point remains - TSA flew American Eagle aircraft in direct violation of a fellow ALPA carriers scope clause, therby denying fellow ALPA pilots opportunities that were rightfully, by contract, theirs.

I have nothing against TSA pilots, nor GoJets pilots and would never deny either in my jumpseat. But for TSA pilots to be stabbing one group of pilots in the back by violating their scope clause, only to go out and badmouth another group for stabbing them in the back is pretty hypocritical IMHO.

But I guess that is what the regional industry has sunk to, loads of hypocrits. Badmouthing and degrading other pilot groups for doing exactly what you are doing, or have done in the past. The last person who needs to be lecturing anyone on raising or lowering the bar is a current or former RJ operator. If you have flown an RJ in the past 8+ years with an American, Continental, Delta, Northwest, United or USAirways logo on the tail, you have undercut a better paying job. So what if your regional has a better contract than another regional. Neither contract is nearly as good as the contract mainline guys used to have while flying those routes. Mainline contracts gutted in large part because of RJs. Everybody get off your darn soap boxes and realize that we are all to blame for the current state of the industry.

The timing of furloughs may have been off, but the point remains - TSA flew American Eagle aircraft in direct violation of a fellow ALPA carriers scope clause, therby denying fellow ALPA pilots opportunities that were rightfully, by contract, theirs.

I have nothing against TSA pilots, nor GoJets pilots and would never deny either in my jumpseat. But for TSA pilots to be stabbing one group of pilots in the back by violating their scope clause, only to go out and badmouth another group for stabbing them in the back is pretty hypocritical IMHO.

But I guess that is what the regional industry has sunk to, loads of hypocrits. Badmouthing and degrading other pilot groups for doing exactly what you are doing, or have done in the past. The last person who needs to be lecturing anyone on raising or lowering the bar is a current or former RJ operator. If you have flown an RJ in the past 8+ years with an American, Continental, Delta, Northwest, United or USAirways logo on the tail, you have undercut a better paying job. So what if your regional has a better contract than another regional. Neither contract is nearly as good as the contract mainline guys used to have while flying those routes. Mainline contracts gutted in large part because of RJs. Everybody get off your darn soap boxes and realize that we are all to blame for the current state of the industry.

Eagle couldn't staff the airplanes. They were leased to TSA as a last resort to storing them in the desert. The routes flown were old TWE routes that were flown by, guess who, Trans States Airlines.

Now not disagreeing with you about the last 8 years of regional jet growth and mainline jet shrinking and all, just throwing some alternative thought into the Eagle/TSA quagmire.

And TSA pilots were picketing right there beside Eagle pilots at the time as well.............

Not that it matter since there GOJET. But a friend of mind was on a monster commute and ended up in KIAD trying to get home to KALB since 4 oclock est. To make a long story short this captain from GOJET DENIED the JS even though they were 14 seats in the back. To make the story more spicy the gate agent was helping my friend get onboad and after pleading with the captain that it was his last flight home the captain CLOSED the main cabin door and left behind my friend and stranded at the airport. The nice thing about that dobacle was the fact that the gate agent started to call higher ups to fix this ordeal and actually stopped the push back. I am in the process of getting both crew names. And if you guys are reading this i will tell you that you guys are a piece of CHIT and a bunch of back stabbing cowards. You will get what you deserve. NO GOJET are riding on my jumpseat.

You know maybe your friend made some out of line comment to the Captain and in turn was screwed out a ride. I know one of our Captains kicked a SWA jumpseater off in Denver (a couple months ago?) for some comment he made. Just sayin. There could be more to this story.

I posted the below statement some time ago. Those that think that they should start a jumpseat war by thumbing their nose on those that they believe are below them.

"First, I do not work for GoJet, so this has nothing to do with my employment. I think TSA guys need a history lesson before they think that they have the self proclaimed right to look down on GoJet. In the past I used to work for Eagle. TSA had 15 or so airplanes flown as american connection painted almost exactly like eagle planes. These planes where actually owned by AMR as well. So you guys were flying airplanes AMR paid for painted like Eagle. FYI, we looked at TSA just like you guys look at GoJet. It was fine that this went on at TSA, however, when the shoe is on the other foot, now it is magically wrong.

By the same token American guys looked down on us as if we were taking their flying. So in review, American looked down on Eagle, Eagle looked down on TSA, and TSA looks down on GoJet. See the pattern. Most regionals are fairly similar, they all suck.

The lesson? To look down on someone else for their actions, while you are doing the same thing they are is pathetic.

Republic, Chataq. and Shuttle is the same thing. Republic wants them all so that one day they can pit them against each other when contracts come up. Look at the historyof Eagle just prior to 1997, that is exactly what happened."

Apples to oranges my friend. Why does the Eagle guy keep using this to justify Go Jet? Go Jet was formed primarily to whipsaw TSA pilots. Pilots that went there from TSA where given a type of super seniority. Explain to me again how TSA was formed to screw Eagle pilots? They did not doing it willing. If Eagle suddenly got a bunnch of planes from ASA and their pilots hit the street because of it, do you refuse to fly? If you, you get fired. Start making accurate comparisons instead of being blinded by bitterness.

Latest resources

Back