GOJET Crew out of KIAD.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
xjgearbtch-

Are you having trouble understanding what I am saying? It is not your FOM, your airline, or their jumpseat that we are discussing at this point. It is your attitude toward furlough pilots, both mainline and regional, that you seem to have a problem with.

"They don't like getting furloughed then get mainline to recapture "their" flying."
What's wrong with this statement? Mainline pilots are the only ones who can fix this. We at the regionals can't

"There are no clauses to help out a furloughed mainline pilot."
The FOM makes no statement that if the gojet pilot was furloughed from another company we can let em on. Being furloughed sucks. I will be there again when our SAABs are all removed next year. I will keep my integrity and not work for gojets though.

"They took that risk going there."
It is the risk they took. Period. I do have a friend who worked there intially and left for Skywest after learning more about the aviation industry. He recovered from his mistake and I applaud his actions. He is a man of integrity. I have many friends at TSA who have been put through the ringer because the whole crap that went down. GoJet is scum.

It appears that you have been entrusted by everything that is Holy to determine what is ALPA legal flying and what is scabbed flying.

No I am following the guidlines set forth by our jumpseat comm. Don't like it talk to them. I am very happy with their decision, I am allowed to have my own opinions.

Well one more time I will ask for you to private message me your name and a way to contact you (email or phone number), and I will be more than happy to have either a Representative from either UA or National ALPA to explain things probably better than I ever could.

As previously stated, I have many friends at TSA. You're viewpoint will not sway my beliefs. I have seen their continued challenges and have no respect for anyone who works for GoJet. ALPA is structured so each MEC can make their decisions on this matter. XJ made their decision. UA did what they deemed neccesary to protect their pilots. Choosing GoJets was a very poor choice. Besides this isn't a UA issue, it's a Gojet issue. You brought UA into it not me. You can PM on this site anytime there is no difference. I'm not giving my name/number to random strangers, I wasn't born yesterday. Call me a coward, I still sleep just fine at night. If you truly want to change anything go to my union. If my MEC says to accept GOjet jumpseaters I will. Until then they can f-off.

The "they" you are referring to that "took" your friends from TSA are the first year folks. When ALPA is in at GJ (we can only hope for GJ to eventually get there) this will all be gone. Fact is fact, if you or I are sitting in a RJ somewhere, the chances are that route was at one time a mainline or legacy route, and your airline was the most economical (cheapest) way to fly it and make a profit. At some point Legacy's dislike Majors, Majors dislike LLCs, LLCs dislike Charters, then everyone hates Regionals ...ect...ect..ect..

GOJET is teamsters and it's a sham at that. They will never be ALPA. I can't control what the majors did before I became a pilot. TSA has lost their ability to negotiate a fair contract with GOJETS taking their hard earned money. Mesaba did the same thing to us during our negotiations. We could of had a much better contract if we hadn't had an alter ego undercutting us.

As I have said before, I don't have a dog in the race. But it seems as bad as our industry is fighting for survival right now there are still those out there, that claim to be Brothers and Sisters are determined to eat the injured that are down. Sadly, those that make the most noise are content in hiding behind a screen name.

xj- I ask again, just a way to contact, a name and I will be happy to pass it on to someone that might have more answers than you or I.

Once again I have plenty of answers from many YEARS seeing my friends careers being sabotaged. Over 150 pilots furloughed, most junior CA was hired in 04. Gojet is hiring and most junior CA was hired in 09. This is utter crap!! I don't need a re-education. Waste time emailing here, but it won't change my mind.

Lamar Jones
[email protected]
IAH
good luck

I hope that you fly better than you read. Once again I wasn't talking about JUMPSEATING! .... Its about your attitude toward other pilots and pilot groups.

If you don't think that ALPA will accept a GoJet or any other willing pilot group, you don't remember CO after the '80's do you. That, my friend , was a true SCAB situation. Did or did not CAL's internal union reemerge as CAL ALPA? It worked out between them after a VERY bad situation. The TSA vs. GoJet debacle doesn't even get close. So saying that the relationship between GoJet and ALPA cant be rectified is short sighted.

I am glad that I don't work at GoJet for many reasons. But thats not to say if my situation was the same as it is for others furloughed that I wouldn't have to seriously look at it as an option. Not saying I would take it, but I would have to consider it.

Ha! Never mind, your like trying to communicate with a blind man trying to read a TelePrompter.

Best of luck in the future xj.

Then simply post your name or private message me with it.
Lamar Jones
IAH

You can PM anyone you want, Lamar. Have your worthless friends PM me, and I'll educate them for you. You are the problem with this industry, Jones. You think only about yourself. It always amazes me how far you people will go. You are a festering sore in this country and this industry. And your infection hurts us all.

No GJ pilot sits in my cockpit -- period.

TSA and proud.

Wow...seriously?? Proud?? Ha ! !

Seriously. Kinda feels good not to have to think; "Oh crap, my ID badge isn't turned around, here let me fix that..." all the time. Well that and not to have to explain yourself in order to commute on mainline. Good times had by all waterskiers!

You can PM anyone you want, Lamar. Have your worthless friends PM me, and I'll educate them for you. You are the problem with this industry, Jones. You think only about yourself. It always amazes me how far you people will go. You are a festering sore in this country and this industry. And your infection hurts us all.

No GJ pilot sits in my cockpit -- period.

TSA and proud.

It was just a question.... And my "infection" dosent hurt the regionals in the least. I asked a question, it wasnt about the debate on the vitues of one side or the other, like I said I dont have a dog in the fight. I dont wear an ID from a regional so I havent had the problem some of you guys (and girls) are having with jumpseating. I come from a regional background, but at the time I was there the problems between one regional and the other werent where they are now. The only question I had was were will it end?

Sorry again about the spelling and grammar.

LJ
IAH

TSA and proud.

Seriously? Because of your incompetent management and your collective "pride", TSA has half the airplanes and half the pilots and is remaining stagnant with the worst labor contract in it's class. What are the chance for future growth at TSA and an industry leading contract? ZERO, you need the airplanes and flying for that to happen and a change of management mentality as well. So yea ZERO. If you had agreed to gojet you could have had a contract years ago, that is nobody else's fault so keep your dirty jumpseat to yourself.

Last edited:
Seriously? Because of your incompetent management and your collective "pride", TSA has half the airplanes and half the pilots and is remaining stagnant with the worst labor contract in it's class. What are the chance for future growth at TSA and an industry leading contract? ZERO, you need the airplanes and flying for that to happen and a change of management mentality as well. So yea ZERO. If you had agreed to gojet you could have had a contract years ago, that is nobody else's fault so keep your dirty jumpseat to yourself.

You seem to forget that at one point it was also YOUR management and YOUR pride too. At one point you were all for TSA and our pilot group, now you're against it. If I were you I'd keep the esophagus exhaust to a minimum ole chap.

Indubitably!

who does he work for and why was he denied? I call BS too.

Latest resources

Back