• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Go to ATI or stay at the regionals?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does going to ATI and getting heavy international, but no turbine PIC count as upgrading? I am just asking. I don't know what means more.

Bitch slap....

Twice I've had ATI interview offers and sumthin better has come along.

This time I need it.

Probably too late... :bawling:

Does going to ATI and getting heavy international, but no turbine PIC count as upgrading? I am just asking. I don't know what means more.

Who knows what means more these days? All else being equal, I'd say having a bunch of PIC would be more important. The question is, important to who? You've already said it - UPS isn't hiring any time soon. I've heard the opposite, in fact, unfortunately. So where can you go otherwise that would care about your PIC vs heavy int'l? Any time in the near future? Right now, you have neither. Go back to page 3 of this thread. A few of the last posts on that page say a lot. Since you have a great deal of time and experience, market that fact, not that you have zero PIC turbine. Also, it doesn't sound like you have much confidence in your near-term opportunities to upgrade at CMR (or even keeping your job for now...), so your ability to get any turbine PIC is pretty much zilch, regardless of whether you stay or go, right? With that, some hvy int'l time might be, if nothing else, more fun in the meantime, and it may open other doors. And depending on where you live, you may find yourself home more than you think, just to put some perspective on the family thing.

Problem is, you're in competition with a lot of folk who do have tons of PIC, heavy, and int'l, and don't have a job right now. How bad you want it may be the deal clincher OR breaker in the interview when the board gets together in who to pick and who to toss aside.

Probably too late... :bawling:

Problem is, you're in competition with a lot of folk who do have tons of PIC, heavy, and int'l, and don't have a job right now. How bad you want it may be the deal clincher OR breaker in the interview when the board gets together in who to pick and who to toss aside.

As of January 1st, 2010, the ATI and CCI hiring pools are going to get very crowded. All of the new swimmers will have a higher priority than the current.

Hey Hap, I thought your CBA, and therefore preferential hiring, is contingent upon the signing of a new commercial agreement between ABX Air and DHL? At least that's what the press release said. Has an agreement been reached?

Last edited:
Just to clarify so I don't get in legal trouble, as of the time of this post, DHL and ABX Air have NOT to the best of my knowledge signed a new commercial agreement.

However, it appears that at least some of our "new" CBA will be implemented as of January 1st, 2010.

ATI hiring again? This, the company that has a perfect hire/furlough record?

I dont get it. Everytime ATI hires six to nine months later some one is on here bitching about being furloughed from there. Its as sure as sunrise in the morning, just do a search on here or other sites.

WOULD NEVER leave a reliable pay check to go there.

Oh, I don't know about that . I got about 14 months out of the place before I moved on.....

PHXFLYR

Latest resources

Back