• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Go to ATI or stay at the regionals?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As a over weight,(Not Fat) Captain flying for a another airline. Let me say I have seen the good and the bad and ulgy in every airline around the world. I don't know any of the pilots at ATI, but there no worse then any of the other cargo airline. I think with the way things are now I would stay at the regional until the 65 y/o Captains start to retire.

That was my opinion. Period. I don't know ATI or its people very much except 2 or 3 experiences I had with ATI crews.

OK, thanks for the clarification. I can name two for sure and possibly all three that you met. One is no longer with us, the second I'd only be guessing on. The third was venting frustration in a semi-public place, and I'll guess that a few adult libations helped loosen his tongue as that sort of talk isn't his usual thing. Can't say I've never done that. I'll guess that most of us willing to open our traps on this site can't say otherwise, either. I will say that you have made an incorrect assessment of our crew force. Three out of three experiences? Looks bad, I'll admit. Still, it's incorrect.

Having said all that, N813CA, I don't work for Comair and don't have a clue as to the future there, let alone anywhere else. But unless you have a real bad feeling about your job there, I'd tend to lean towards staying put. Starting at the bottom of a list at a company like ours is a gamble (especially when you still have a job!). Being at the bottom of the list with years of longevity at a company like yours has its advantages. As I said before, go to the interview. At least you'd be taking an active role in making the bed you might have to sleep in.

Thanks again for all your info. I will go to the interview but right now I am banking on staying here. They just cancelled the next round of furloughs. You never know. I just can't see being gone from my family for two weeks or more at a time. Thanks again everyone.

Thanks again for all your info. I will go to the interview but right now I am banking on staying here. They just cancelled the next round of furloughs. You never know. I just can't see being gone from my family for two weeks or more at a time. Thanks again everyone.

Excellent choice putting family considerations first. You won't regret it.

PHXFLYR :cool:

Nice try but UPS won't call for a LONG time :(. No turbine PIC time. And I don't know anyone there.

Why not a Guard or Reserve unit, you'll be gone for two years in training, get the PIC time you desire and always have a back up plan for the next time this industry tanks again, it will happen, it always does.

The one advantage of being in the non sched world is there is always some hiring going on at some god foresaken place, and the friends you make will be scattered all over the place, and be able to get you the next job when you need it.

What I'm trying to say is, if for example you're an Eastern or Twa pilot or the next Major to go under, where do you go to get your next job ? If you're a Guard or Reserve guy you just start picking up more flying and life goes on. The second best option is you've been a non sched pilot one of your buddies will be able to help you out.

Just another way to look at it, good luck, and life isn't that bad on the other side of the airport.

Can a non military pilot just get a reserve unit pilot position like that, or are we talking non pilot duties?

When is / was your interview?

Latest resources

Back