• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Go to ATI or stay at the regionals?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree, Reep. But, as I mentioned previously, there are a lot of guys at the regionals in the left seat now and have been for quite some time. 500 hours PIC isn't gonna mean squat when the average CA has thousands.

Yes, PIC time is important, but I would argue that quality 767 or DC-8 international time is almost as important, even if it is SIC.

From your profile it looks like you have 8000TT and a significant amount of turbine time? I would argue that the potential SIC 767/DC-8 time is virtually meaningless compared to turbine PIC, even if it's in a Cheyenne.

Take it from one who knows - at some point all the SIC heavy time in the world doesn't help if you don't have some recent turbine PIC time. You become virtually un-employable. You're probably not at that stage yet but I'm just saying....

From your profile it looks like you have 8000TT and a significant amount of turbine time? I would argue that the potential SIC 767/DC-8 time is virtually meaningless compared to turbine PIC, even if it's in a Cheyenne.

Take it from one who knows - at some point all the SIC heavy time in the world doesn't help if you don't have some recent turbine PIC time. You become virtually un-employable. You're probably not at that stage yet but I'm just saying....

I can attest to that...left my commuter job with 2600 PIC turbine and flew international in L-1011. 7 years later the Intl experience doesn't amount to zilch as far as finding a job. I really was much more marketable 7 years ago.

I would go there. You will be a Captain on the 767 when the new Miami base bid comes out. They have three guys that bid Captain Miami base. I don't think they ever flew the 8. All E 145 pilot I'm told.

I would go there. You will be a Captain on the 767 when the new Miami base bid comes out. They have three guys that bid Captain Miami base. I don't think they ever flew the 8. All E 145 pilot I'm told.

Don't even know where to start with that one. In the interest of professionalism, I'll just say names of those three, and to a certain extent a fourth, are mud among our group.

Waka,
I have 3000 hours on the DC-8. Trust me, Getting to fly a modern Boeing is really nice. I started on a DC-6 and am now on a 744. I've been through the ranks!

You have good taste in beer!

Wow. Which one of us old, fat full of DC-8 crap Captains took a dump in your corn flakes? You remind me of a Libertarian candidate who sounds great right up the day before election when he lays out some stink bomb of asinine paranoid rhetoric which reveals his true colors. And with the exception of a few self serving FNG induhviduals, we care greatly about our NGs (notice the lack of an "F" in front of that). Plus, it's very likely you'll be either assigned or offered a 767 seat. So much for cool, but dated equipment. Everything else you said is reasonable, including your assessment of our seniority in seat. So WTF?

The originator of this thread asked if to stay at his regional with a 9 years seniority or to join ATI and start everything again.
That was my opinion. Period. I don't know ATI or its people very much except 2 or 3 experiences I had with ATI crews.
Many years ago, flying through Bahrain, I got to experience an horible ATI captain excessive fat, slobby, dirty, vulgar andverballyy abusing to the people around and his crew. I met a second captain in the same place, also fat and arrogant. 2 experiences which made me think you guys might have a fat captains problem.
1-2 years ago I was deviated to Portland. Killing some time in the hotel's bar I couldn't stop hearing an ATI captain explaining to his flight engineer ( I deducted their position from their conservation) how to run tractors and all kind of agricultural machines which I have no clue about. Everything OK so far, but he started to explain how he is going to screw his FO and get his sorry FNG A@# fired. Regarding ATI that did it for me. The guy also was fat.
Sorry I don't intend to offend you and I understand every place has its shares but I am still looking for a positive ATI experience.
Meanwhile I still believe the originator should stick with his regional

Latest resources

Back