GO Jet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
210FR8DOG said:
They are busy painting a giant rosy picture for the GJ suckers, making it sound like it will be a great place to work. Then when the operation gets off the ground, assuming it will, they will abuse whatever kind of puny little contract they have agreed to.

A Hulas Kanodia outfit being a great place to work?! Now THAT is funny!

210FR8DOG said:
A ticketed or pass bearing passenger has a right to a seat and you better have a GOOD reason for kicking him off your plane,.......

So what you're saying is, in effect, there really was no good reason to kick him off the plane. But if he were jumpseating, that would be a good enough reason to kick him off? You can't have it both ways.

BTW, I have no dog in this fight. I'm just trying to understand all the venom in this story line. Don't go down the scab route, there has been no strike.

X

XTW said:
So what you're saying is, in effect, there really was no good reason to kick him off the plane. But if he were jumpseating, that would be a good enough reason to kick him off? You can't have it both ways.

BTW, I have no dog in this fight. I'm just trying to understand all the venom in this story line. Don't go down the scab route, there has been no strike.

X

Like he said, there was no GOOD reason to kick him off. Then why all the bitching about GJ's not jumpseating on TSA and other regionals?

If you're going to burn these guys and claim you'll deny jumpseating PRIVLAGES, you better hold up to, and if you dont. Don't get on Flightinfo and tell everyone how you let one jumpseat.

The Hawaiian Captain had a nice unpaid two week vacation (suspension) over the incident and was lucky to keep his job.

The jumpseat is a PRIVILEGE. Postive space company assignments are not. Easy difference, and if you'd ever commanded a Part 121 aircraft, you'd understand that.

The jumpseat on an aircraft I'm commanding is on MY authority and MY good will... f*ck with those at your perile... or the next time you get on an aircraft when jumpseating, just toss your stuff at the Captain and say, "Hey, I'm jumpseating. Just thought you should know." and walk away; see how far down the aisle you get... :D

Lear70 said:
The Hawaiian Captain had a nice unpaid two week vacation (suspension) over the incident and was lucky to keep his job.

The jumpseat is a PRIVILEGE. Postive space company assignments are not. Easy difference, and if you'd ever commanded a Part 121 aircraft, you'd understand that.

The jumpseat on an aircraft I'm commanding is on MY authority and MY good will... f*ck with those at your perile... or the next time you get on an aircraft when jumpseating, just toss your stuff at the Captain and say, "Hey, I'm jumpseating. Just thought you should know." and walk away; see how far down the aisle you get... :D

I understand fully the jumpseating policy. I was just saying that if they were that livid that this guy was onboard, have him removed. I doubt they would be fired, they didn't ask a boardmember to get off their plane. If they were, I'm sure ALPA would have had his back.

When I did my jumpseating, I always introduced myself to the Captain by full name, place of employment and then asked for a ride. Never denied once, and even got the cockpit a couple of times on ATA.

I just don't like it when people make shallow threats. Thats all.

Maybe they won't be fired at Hawaiian, but you would be fired at Trans States. Maybe not right away and most likely not technically for kicking them off, but they will get you. We have two union leaders who were fired this Spring because the company doesn't like the union sticking up for the current contract- they were fired for other BS reasons and are grieving the firings, but they were fired and that is what will happen to anyone who kicks off GJ positive space riders. Maybe no matter how well you do on your recurrent or PC check you can't pass or maybe you didn't dot the i or cross the t on your paperwork. Any little thing and that is what they will use to fire you with. They have done these kinds of things many times before. That is just how it is. If you don't believe, I think we are hiring and you are welcome to join the ranks of the abused.

Being at the training center is really starting to piss me off. That place is freaking FULL of those MFs. They had a big class in CRM today and the funny thing is that training schedule said Trans States at the top and included a class called CRJ700 CRM. Don't worry though, it's a separate company.

So I gotta ask, Ive been in the 135/corp world for a while and I have no idea who Go-Jet is and what they did to make everyone so pissed off at them... what was it?

Latest resources

Back