Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

big dog1

Gj

GOJjet pilots, will they be able to jump seat or will their names be on a list?

Last edited:
Are you thinking about going there? Is that why your asking? I am sure that there will be quite a few who will be denied. And yes, there is a list and website out there with names on it.

big dog1 said:
GOJjet pilots, will they be able to jumpiest or will their names be on a list?
I don't believe they have negotiated any jumpseat agreements with other airlines yet

Even when they do, I keep a fun little list, as do other pilots, with names that run from Eastern to Freedom and now... to G0 Jets pilots.

Personally, I don't give a rat's a*s what the jumpseat committee says about it, you may not technically be a "scab" but, as far as I'm concerned, you're playing by the same rules so p*ss right off.

smells like.............GJs

This is no lie kids. We had a piece of sh!t blojets guy on our plane the other day. The f'n company provided him with some kind of pass to get on. He wasn't technically jumpseating. capt. and I were red-faced pi$$ed. I guess that snake in the grass outfit knows their pilots couldn't get anywhere by jumpseating on their own. I guess they'll squirm their way around anything, including a CBA. DAMMIT!!!!!

BenderGonzales said:
A jumpseat war. Interesting. THAT'S never been tried before. :rolleyes:

It sounds like thats the only thing they have control over these days.

This is no lie kids. We had a piece of sh!t blojets guy on our plane the other day. The f'n company provided him with some kind of pass to get on. He wasn't technically jumpseating. capt. and I were red-faced pi$ed. I guess that snake in the grass outfit knows their pilots couldn't get anywhere by jumpseating on their own. I guess they'll squirm their way around anything, including a CBA. DAMMIT!!!!!

Now explain this to me. If you were so pissed that this guy was on your plane, why didn't toss him off? The Captain is the final authority of who rides on his plane, whether that pax has a non-rev form or a paid ticket. When that Hawaiian Capt threw off a board member, he said he had to due to a crew safety issue. So if you were so pissed he was onboard, why wasn't this done?

good lord!

We were ticked, we weren't looking for a reason to get fired. A jumpseat is a privilege that is easily overridden by the capt. A ticketed or pass bearing passenger has a right to a seat and you better have a GOOD reason for kicking him off your plane, ie: he "apppears to be drunk" etc.

The tension around STL between TSA and GJs is almost visible. Paint a target on your back and you will get shot. We will do what we can, when we can, within boundaries. TSA pilots are not management concern right now. In fact, they probably would be happy if there were a few less of us. They are busy painting a giant rosy picture for the GJ suckers, making it sound like it will be a great place to work. Then when the operation gets off the ground, assuming it will, they will abuse whatever kind of puny little contract they have agreed to.

210FR8DOG said:
We were ticked, we weren't looking for a reason to get fired. A jumpseat is a privilege that is easily overridden by the capt. A ticketed or pass bearing passenger has a right to a seat and you better have a GOOD reason for kicking him off your plane, ie: he "apppears to be drunk" etc.

Were the Hawaiian crew fired? You said when you found out he was inback, you were red in the face pissed. Sounds like that would comprimise the safety of flight to me.

Latest resources

Back