GO Jet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FreedomAList said:
True. However, jumpseat is a COMPANY ASSET, not Captains personal fiefdom. No one is questioning he has the right to deny anyone. But if asked BY HIS EMPLOYER AND OWNER OF THE JUMPSEAT, he better have a reason besides "I hate those guys."

That jumpseat is mine when I sign for that aircraft. PERIOD. Not the companies.

The only people that I would give an explanation for not letting in the jumpseat, only if inquired about, would be the FAA or a company dispatcher doing their ride along.

If I don't feel comfortable or feel uneasy with a non required crew member in my cockpit, why would my company, the FAA or ANYONE require me to do something that is distracting me from doing my job safely.

Deviate from the norm....... not excepting a jumpseater?

Fuel flow, what did you just read up on your FARs?

Don't get your panties in too big of a wad!

PtP

fuelflow said:
Spin? And you know all this how? Don't you swing gear for some corporate outfit?I'm on the ground floor, and I know enough people at both places to understand what's going on. If you want to blindly follow their lies, go ahead.

Denying passage to non-revs based upon for whom they work? That's a letter I wouldn't want to have in my file when the PRIA requests come.

I'm glad you are on the ground floor and know what is going on. You get your information from rumors, and immedately dismiss anything against your cause as "lies". If that's not spin, I don't know what is.

fuelflow said:
And your interpretation of Captain's authority shows your lack of experience. Grow up.

Seems there are alot of unionized pilots, both ALPA and otherwise, that agree with me. It very well may be the company's seat, but its the captain's decision who, if anybody, sits in that seat. It's the company's privilege to open it up to jumpseaters and nonrev pax, but FAA looks down on companies taking punitive action against a captain in this matter. If you don't believe me, ask the FAA and the Executive Board of the IPA.

fuelflow said:
The irony? He was a former American Eagle pilot / ALPA MEC sheduling committee chairman. The aircraft he was denied boarding from was a former American Eagle aircraft. Rumor is that these aircraft are still owned by AMR.
Ironic? You betcha. An ALPA VOLUNTEER going to work for an alter-ego carrier and undercutting his (former) fellow ALPA brethren in the process. What a scumbag.

Incidentally, the real question is whether he was pass-riding or jumpseating. If jumpseating, the way the Captain feels about him or her is EXTREMELY important; if that animosity would in any way jeopardize the ability of that jumpseater to effectively act as a crewmember, then the jumpseat may be rightfully denied and the Captain and F/O will have their jobs back eventually.

If the G0 Jets person was simply pass-riding and was appropriately dressed and mannered, then the crew is pretty much SOL (the F/O may get his job back if the Capt takes the heat for the decision).

I can only imagine this arbitration hearing.
Arbitrator: I see the captain was fired for not allowing a jumpseater from another airline. What else.
DH: That's it.
A: What do you mean that's it. How is that a fireable offense.
DH: Well the jumpseater was working for an alter ego airline TSH set up. We are trying to bust up the TSA pilot union and scare those members and figured this would be a good way to do that.

And who is this looser that goes crying to management that he got denied the jumpseat. "Daddy! Daddy! Those mean Trans States pilots won't let me jumpseat." How professional is that?

The FO left the company because he got a better job offer. Have not heard anything on the Captain but safe to say if he was terminated then he will get his job back in time with FULL backpay........

jjetpilot said:
The FO left the company because he got a better job offer. Have not heard anything on the Captain but safe to say if he was terminated then he will get his job back in time with FULL backpay........

That won't amount to much!

E170Guppykiller said:
That won't amount to much!

And what is your hourly rate on that massive guppy killer youre so proud of?

Now arriving the E-170, lowering career expectations one flight at a time!

You are right, the pays not great in the right seat, but i'll be upgrading soon and the pay will be much better.

E170Guppykiller said:
You are right, the pays not great in the right seat, but i'll be upgrading soon and the pay will be much better.
Are you this much of a tool on EVERY thread you post on? Been reading some of them and if you really are a pilot and believe what you say, you need a meeting with an "attitude adjuster" as mentioned in another post.

E170Guppykiller said:

It's scum like you, that have caused this industry to be what it is today. I hope someone pisses in your cheerios for the rest of your pathetic life.

Latest resources

Back