Go-Jet Certification Delayed - Go-Jet & Feds Argue Over Secrecy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TSA Pilot

The following was posted on TSALOUNGE but is PUBLIC RECORD. Looks like they dont want Trans States Pilots (or Go-Jet pilots for that matter to know how much they are going to be making off of all their hard work...

------------------
Go-Jet’s certification is currently being delayed while the DOT and Go-Jet argue over whether financial and ownership information should be accessible to the public.

DOT denied Go-Jet’s request to keep secret the income statements and balance sheets for TSA and TSA Holdings as well as the ultimate ownership structure of the company. Go-Jet is appealing (for the 3rd time). Go-Jet argues that it shouldn’t have to submit the same information as Republic did since it is a private company and not planning to sell stock.

Go-Jet says that the required disclosure of its financial structure would disadvantage sister subsidiary Trans States Airlines in its relations and contract negotiations with organized labor.

DOT did allow confidential treatment of the Bombardier contract and the United contract, although a summary of Go-Jet’s aircraft lease agreements is being disallowed confidential treatment.

Looks like a bit of fussing back and forth between the company and the government in which DOT criticizes Go-Jet for not supplying enough verifiable information about its finances, operating plans, and fitness to run the airline. Go-Jet complains that its first aircraft sits on the ramp while the application is caught up in red tape and shifting rules.

Go-Jet will be capitalized with $15 million cash from TSA Holdings, consisting of $5 million equity investment and $10 million loan. Trans States Holdings owns 100% of Trans States Airlines and 100% of Go-Jet LLC. TSAH is owned 60% by a Hulas Kanodia trust (although the filings are contradictory as to whether the trust is revocable or irrevocable) and 40% by various trusts for the benefit of Kanodia’s 3 children.

This is a rough summary of a lot of information in the DOT’s public record. You can access the docket yourself at dms.dot.gov and do a simple search then click to read the various documents. Go-Jet’s case is filed under docket #19877.

http://dms.dot.gov/search/searchResultsSimple.cfm?numberValue=19877&searchType=docket

Airline certification is a two-headed snake – 2 different processes. DOT looks at financial and managerial “fitness.” Then, FAA has an entirely separate process which looks at the technical aspects of flight operations, training, manuals, maintenance, etc. Go-Jet is still stuck in the DOT certification process. I don’t know where they stand on the FAA’s process, whether it has begun or even can begin until DOT grants its approval.

Last edited:
You've gotta love "public information"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PtP

They are all a bunch "swine Fing Dirt Bags @ **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**!

J32driver said:
B-L-O-W JETS!!!!

It is extremely unfortunate and deeply saddening to hear such rhetoric from those such as yourself who with your "industry experience" proclaim professionalism in the face of adversity, when, in reality, your sanctimonious self-rightousness shines through your reptilian personna even more brightly now than ever before. The warm fuzzy feeling has left me, and you can certainly count on my anti-sympathetic sentiment as you will undoubtedly respond with additional lude and crass remarks in the name of the well educated. I stand firm. And I can also say that I understand an opportunity of profound magnitude rises on the horizon, and instead of adapting to a new industry atmosphere taking shape that will increase coveted and lucrative positions for the many individuals who do understand, you have to the dismay of many decided to refrain from the proper research and fall amid the misinformed to doubt any successful movement into this new era. I sincerely hope the "Harvard boy" inside you wakes up before the inevitable time arrives that you find yourself wanting, lying naked in state, mumbling the only intelligeble word that comes to you....mama. I will give you one thing, you have truly created a medium for great entertainment. Keep up the great work!

jsmenkin said:
IAnd I can also say that I understand an opportunity of profound magnitude rises on the horizon, and instead of adapting to a new industry atmosphere taking shape that will increase coveted and lucrative positions for the many individuals who do understand

Umm, have you seen the GoJets pay scales? Do you know something we don't? If not, why don't we wait and see what they're like before deciding if it's "lucrative," a word that should probably never be used to describe a regional payscale.

Latest resources

Back