Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Go Jet Airlines, a reasonable option or a way to the blacklist?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was kidding I probably would instruct over going there unless the CFI job I got lined up goes under.

What the ******************** are you talking about we make more than you do. As far as those pay rates, you'll never see them, why do you think regional pilots make the same now if not less than 20 years ago? Blowjets????? Please don't come up with dumbass reasoning, it's getting very old.
I hate to break to you, but our 76-seat rates are higher than yours. Regional pay rates suck today, but they were even MORE horrible in the 90s.

This is total BS, maybe in 05 they had to resort to that kind of stuff, you're still stuck in 05. As far as the Van ride, it's not our fault if you have personal issues. When I was non GJ, we struck up great conversations, some of the nicest guys.
I haven't forgotten. Everone still remembers. That's why you still get jumpseats denied to GoJet crewmembers. And I have never struck up a great conversation with a GoJet pilot. In the van, once we ask what airline they fly for, they say GoJets and sink back into their seat.

I have no idea what you're talking about. As long as it's not struck work, it's just flying. You won't let it go. GJ was chosen by united for CRJ7 flying, what the F is wrong with that? I mean regional airlines take flying from other regionals all the time, just about every other regional out there has taken other's flying. It's not their flying, it's mainline flying.

You STILL don't get it. YOU work for an ALTER-EGO carrier. A carrier started SPECIFICALLY for the reason to UNDER-MINE an existing ALPA carrier. There is a HUGE difference between this, and another regional taking another regionals flying. YOUR GoJets was formed specifically as an alter-ego, from the SAME holding company of TSA, and yet, backstabbing TSA pilots to "teach" them a lesson. Then YOUR carrier continued to grow and hire, NON-UNION, while TSA (the ALPA) carrier SUFFERED from loss of flying and from LAYOFFs. All as a result of TSA's upper management undermining UNION pilots and forming an alter-ego NON-UNION carrier. So YOUR actions have BACK-STABBED every ALPA carrier/pilot and what they stand for.

You're scum. True, you're not flying struck work, so you're technically not a scab. But you are the next worst thing above a scab. You will never be welcome in my jumpseat.

You STILL don't get it. YOU work for an ALTER-EGO carrier. A carrier started SPECIFICALLY for the reason to UNDER-MINE an existing ALPA carrier. There is a HUGE difference between this, and another regional taking another regionals flying. YOUR GoJets was formed specifically as an alter-ego, from the SAME holding company of TSA, and yet, backstabbing TSA pilots to "teach" them a lesson. Then YOUR carrier continued to grow and hire, NON-UNION, while TSA (the ALPA) carrier SUFFERED from loss of flying and from LAYOFFs. All as a result of TSA's upper management undermining UNION pilots and forming an alter-ego NON-UNION carrier. So YOUR actions have BACK-STABBED every ALPA carrier/pilot and what they stand for.

You're scum. True, you're not flying struck work, so you're technically not a scab. But you are the next worst thing above a scab. You will never be welcome in my jumpseat.

God, I thought for a while there I was the only one who believed this. Thanks for the refresher

You have just become my hero...

Look, I don't have a dog in this fight. But as an outside observer, I see this whole argument as bullsh*t.

Do I have a choice to rely on court cases? It's called following the law. If ALPA and TSA pilot group believed it was grossly wrong, why is there no appeal? Why isn't there another lawsuit?

Like I said, if ALPA says people shouldn't go to GoJet and issue a recruitment ban, you'll have a point.

But as it stands now, sorry, this is all emotional ranting without any real substance. By the same logic, people should forego ever applying to American Airlines after what they did to TWA, or to Continental Airlines because "they are full of scabs" or Airtran because it was "founded by scabs" or Delta "because how they treated Pan Am pilots"...

See what I'm getting at?

Leave the emotional drama out of it. The courts have ruled. You have 2 choices... 1) appeal the decisions and force ALPA to do what you believe is right.... or 2) live with the courts decisions..

Am I the only one to read Freight Dog's post?.......end of argument. The reason this ridiculous thread has went on as long as it has is because an equal or greater amount of people disagree with the crybabies calling these GoJet crews backstabber, scabs, blah blah whatever, get over it.

Nobody should be denied a ride to work/home for a stupid reason as this, your only hurting your own cause, if you don't like it, appeal it, take some real action instead of bellyaching to the no-name trolls on FlightInfo.

Latest resources

Back