GM Flight Dept?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

Yes, Mesaba isn't hiring street captains now. I was told the current upgrade for an experienced pilot for the Saab in DTW is about 2-3 months.

Nationalized Health Care isn't free, but it will encourage manufacturers to build factories here, instead of in Canada or another country that has it. By bypassing the US, the factory owner can save lots of money by not having to pay health care costs.

Another interesting facts about the Canadian vs. US system:
Could we switch to a Nationalized Health Care System, insure everyone who's uninsured, and pay no more money than we are paying now?
YES!!!

How? Canada pays 4% of their National Health Care dollars to cover administrative costs, in other words, the government employees shuffling the paper around.

The US pays 17% of their National Health Care dollars to cover administrative costs, in other words, all the insurace employees shuffling the paper around.

We have a built-in inefficiency of 13% of our Health Care Dollars that is wasted, compared to the Canadian system.

In 2007, we (the US) spent $2.3 Trillion dollars. So, we wasted, relative to Canada, $300 BILLION dollars on uneccessary paperwork shuffling.

If we created a system that was as efficient as Canada's re: paperwork, we could use the $300 BILLION to cover ALL the uninsured people in America, without or costs going up at all.

cliff
YIP

PS-We give companies tax breaks, low interest loans, money to train workers, etc., etc. to try and get them to locate in our town, city, state or country. Let's give them a break on their health care costs, so that they can compete on a more level playing field with the other major auto manufacturing companies worldwide.

Hi.

To any GM/Ford guys: I am very sorry you lost your jobs, and hope you can land on your feet.

Mesaba and GoJet are both hiring street captains.

I found several gov't jobs flying a Predator B. The bases are CA, AZ and GFK, but the ad says that MI, FL and NY may be added as bases in the future.

Good Luck, and God Bless!!!

cliff
YIP
PS-Anything I can do to help out, PM me. Between me and a couple of my buddies, we are pretty up on the current (not-so-good) hiring situation. With your jobs, you probably weren't looking at other options. I wouldn't have been.

Mesaba is NOT hiring any street captains. That boat sailed about a year ago. We are hiring for the recently announced 15 additional CRJ-900's, but only into the right seat.

Huh? There aren't even half that many people in this country!

My mistake it's obviously a million, not a billion.

Hi!

Yes, Mesaba isn't hiring street captains now. I was told the current upgrade for an experienced pilot for the Saab in DTW is about 2-3 months.

Nationalized Health Care isn't free, but it will encourage manufacturers to build factories here, instead of in Canada or another country that has it. By bypassing the US, the factory owner can save lots of money by not having to pay health care costs.

Another interesting facts about the Canadian vs. US system:
Could we switch to a Nationalized Health Care System, insure everyone who's uninsured, and pay no more money than we are paying now?
YES!!!

How? Canada pays 4% of their National Health Care dollars to cover administrative costs, in other words, the government employees shuffling the paper around.

The US pays 17% of their National Health Care dollars to cover administrative costs, in other words, all the insurace employees shuffling the paper around.

We have a built-in inefficiency of 13% of our Health Care Dollars that is wasted, compared to the Canadian system.

In 2007, we (the US) spent $2.3 Trillion dollars. So, we wasted, relative to Canada, $300 BILLION dollars on uneccessary paperwork shuffling.

If we created a system that was as efficient as Canada's re: paperwork, we could use the $300 BILLION to cover ALL the uninsured people in America, without or costs going up at all.

cliff
YIP

PS-We give companies tax breaks, low interest loans, money to train workers, etc., etc. to try and get them to locate in our town, city, state or country. Let's give them a break on their health care costs, so that they can compete on a more level playing field with the other major auto manufacturing companies worldwide.

Don't forget that they have to pay 40-60% income tax in canada. OUCH!!!

Sorry you guys lost your job, but i am d**n glad they closed the flight department, cause i want as LITTLE as possible of my already un well spent tax dollars going to bail out another company. how bout the government stop giving to other countries and help out its own for once.

Unfortunately many do not understand the symbiotic nature of our industries. Before taking Chapter 11 in the first place, one pretty much has to have a financing option in place to continue.
Many finaincial institutions have considerable risk at play and one or two may be forced to consider it as they would lose everything in Chapter 7 and they themselves may not be viable. Same with some suppliers, they may get some cash flow out of bankruptcy and may not be getting any now as GM runs down.
The labor issue is not so much of cost against other companies but the legacy cost of paying for the workers who came before. The average auto worker for the big 3 costs the company something in the seventies per hour. That is bad enough but the union has contracts that pay workers to be home plus health care and retiree benefits that bury a company not making it in the first place.
These guys are the Easterns, Braniffs, Pan Ams of today. Dinosaurs who cannot change direction quickly.

Latest resources

Back