GII, GIIB, GIII differences...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And While we're at it...

...why DOES the G-V have that kink at the top of the vertical stab? I think I know the answer but I've only heard it second-hand.

TIS

The sat com antenna is located under that bump.

ASC 190 aircraft have the Dunlop wheels and brakes.
Normal g4's have the Goodyear wheels.

ASC 190 raises the ldg weight to 66,000#, This gives you the capability of landing/tankering an additional 20,000#'s of fuel.

ASC 320. The problem is ldg at 66,000# makes the g4 into a Cat D aircraft (ldg, circiling mins). Certian airports don't have cat D mins or that cat D mins become a deterent (Aspen). Not everyone lands a g4 @ 66,000# or need to tanker fuel on every leg. So Gulfstream was able to talk the feds into letting them change the max ldg weight to and from 66,000 pounds as necessary. This allows the operator to use cat c and d mins as req.
All G4Sp and G450's have asc190 incorporated.

I'm talking about...

...the kink in the leading edge of the stab - the one that makes it look like an MD-87 tail.

The other stuff's right though!

TIS

Gulfstream Jeopardy

Gulfstream trivia for $500 Alex.......

How can you easily tell the difference between a GV and a G550 parked on the ramp?

Mr. Hull is correct.:)

Tag2, I have only seen the EVS on 550's so far, but it will also be available on the 500's, 450's, and 350's. It may be available as a retrofit for some of the others too. (like your G-IV or a V ???)

Last edited:
Sweet! Now I just need to convince someone to hire me to fly one!

Oh, and I'll take swords for $48,000 Alex.

Yeah, I think the EVS will be/or is available with any HUD. I thought of that AFTER I pushed the post button. The 350,400,450,550 will all have PlaneView and EVS standard, I believe. Gulfstream is striving to standardize their assembly lines as much as possible.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back