• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Get ASA/XJT Combined Seniority List

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can tell you exactly what will happen. Whoever is in charge of integrating the lists WILL do so in a manner that pisses off the LEAST amount of people, whatever method that may be.

Relative seniority only works if you have similar bases, equipment, and career expectations. That works well at a mainline carrier, but not so much at a regional. DOH with fences may be the "fairest" way to go. And I have no dog in this fight.

We do have similar bases, ATL/IAH IAD/EWR, equipment, (700 only pays $3 more/hr than ERJ CA, meaningless) and career expectations.

I can tell you exactly what will happen. Whoever is in charge of integrating the lists WILL do so in a manner that pisses off the LEAST amount of people, whatever method that may be.

You mean the MOST. :laugh:

I'd like to hear some communication from the ASA MEC about who they are selecting to the Merger committee and why they chose them.

Yes I see your point, but it is very unlikely.Yes you would expect some people to switch bases but that would go both ways. With DOH all those senior ASA pilots might bid IAH, again very unlikely.

Really the whole thing is moot unless we get the SKYW pilots in on this as well.

Let's say one day we do get a 100-125 seat aircraft that pays around $20 per hour more. That's significant enough for alot of senior pilots to jump ship toward the bigger boat, regardless of base. Because of relative seniority, I would still have to get in line behind those now "senior 300" pilots that were hired after me.. That pay difference and quality of life is HUGE.

Lets go DOH with no fences so upgrades aren't closed off to one side for a while. There are a few ASA FOs that could hold LINES as ORD CA. Fences are stupid for regional mergers, there is nothing to protect.

There are a few ASA FOs that could hold LINES as ORD CA. Fences are stupid for regional mergers, there is nothing to protect.

If I wind up on reserve in Newark I'm going to remember you said that and shaving-cream your car or something.

does anybody know if SKYW ever completed their EMB-145 program from a couple of years ago. Or to put it another way, does SKYW have the EMB-145 on their Operating Certificate?

Date of Hire with a no bump provision that protects seat and domicile is fair for all.

the only way that could happen would be that you CHOSE to upgrade out there in which case the drinks are on you. No one is going to get displaced out of there base but the new openings should not be fenced off.

Latest resources

Back