Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
911lil said:
Does anyone know the hiring minimums?

I would say 1000 PIC turbine, or 1000 sic in something like a 73 or larger. We did hire some right seat guys out of the RJ but that has stopped.

I know they are filling a September MD11 class. I do not know if they will run classes after that, but I will find out.

I know of guys getting hardlines right off IOE on the DC10.

There are basically 2 types of reserve.

Home reserve: (what I am doing right now) 30 min call back to scheduling, 3 hour show to your travel airport.

Online Reserve: Not much of this anymore. When we did the majority of flying out of MIA the company would send you down there to sit. If they physically placed you on reserve for say 12 hours then it was an hour call out. No specific reserve time, then it was a 12 hour call out.

The majority of the guys sitting reserve end up doing the military flying.

I have a buddy who lives down in FL. He only bids reserve. He loves it. Me, I bid the hard lines. June and July I flew Brussels-Lagos turns. August was SJU-MEM-SJU. September is BQN-MEM-BQN. The reason I am sitting reserve now is I was going to time out in Sept, so they sent me home for a few days...

fogrunner said:
I would say 1000 PIC turbine, or 1000 sic in something like a 73 or larger. We did hire some right seat guys out of the RJ but that has stopped.
QUOTE]

Is this due to simple supply and demand/competitive maketplace or do they have problems during training?

Just curious, I would like to work there but hae no PIC time.

FreightNazi said:
wow! there is something you don't hear everyday.

johnny

Freight is great![/QUOTE]

Hauling pax aint what she used to be, the greyhound analogy is becoming a reality, and the schedules are just getting worse, hell I was flying nothing but the back side of the clock anyways. It was fun while it lasted, and while there are no gaurantees anywhere in this business, I'm putting my money on the freight.

dojetdriver said:
Is this due to simple supply and demand/competitive maketplace or do they have problems during training?

Just curious, I would like to work there but hae no PIC time.

Some of the prop guys have had problems, some of the jet guys have had problems. The last 2 guys I know of who washed out had over 5000hrs and multiple jet types. One of the best Capts I fly with was a BE1900 Capt before he came to Gemini.

If you really want to work here send your stuff in and see what happens.

fogrunner said:
Some of the prop guys have had problems, some of the jet guys have had problems. The last 2 guys I know of who washed out had over 5000hrs and multiple jet types. One of the best Capts I fly with was a BE1900 Capt before he came to Gemini.

If you really want to work here send your stuff in and see what happens.

Would that be Chris R?

AA

Typically,
Reserve is from home according to a post earlier in this thread.
My Question is this, in a typical month (bid period) what is a typical reserve line like?
How many days in a row can you be sent out on a trip? Are you extendable/Junior Mannable? What is the min number of hard days off that you will get in a Bid Period?
How long til you can hold a hard line?

Any additional insights into it would be appreciated.

Going2Golf said:
Typically,
Reserve is from home according to a post earlier in this thread.
My Question is this, in a typical month (bid period) what is a typical reserve line like?
How many days in a row can you be sent out on a trip? Are you extendable/Junior Mannable? What is the min number of hard days off that you will get in a Bid Period?
How long til you can hold a hard line?

Any additional insights into it would be appreciated.

Per my previous post there are two types of reserve. Home Reserve or they have you sit in a city where they may need you, ie MIA, MEM, SJU etc. etc.

I have never seen any jr manning. Per the contract they can extend you 2 days, however, the stipulation for extending someone is very clear. ie MX, WX, not for say a scheduling problem.

I know people who have held hard lines right out of IOE.

Latest resources

Back