• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Gemini reserve

Tomct

Total Time
11000+
:cool:Is Gemini still hiring? I have not seen any recent postings about that lately! Sure would like to hear about that......And DON'T CALL ME SHIRLEY"! Maybe Fogrunner can give us some more info...How Bout it FOG!!

dhc8drvr

DC1030F FO
Total Time
They are still interviewing. There was a class in July and August, and plans for classes in Sept and Oct. I think the resumes are received via email, of course internal recs are helpful. Gemini is home based, with basically the same amount of days off for everyone, so reserve is not really a bad thing. I know of at least one senior Pilot that bids reserve because he likes the variety of flying. I'm new here, just going by what I know so far. Fogrunner would have a better idea of the day to day line stuff.

Very happy I made the move from pax to cargo.

JohnnyCash

Total Time
n/a
Very happy I made the move from pax to cargo.[/QUOTE]

wow! there is something you don't hear everyday.

johnny

320AV8R

DUMP ALPA
Total Time
2 much
JohnnyCash said:
Very happy I made the move from pax to cargo.

johnny
Johnny-

I flew freight, then pax.....would go back to freight in a heartbeat.

320AV8R

ATRCAPT

Livin' the...dream?
Total Time
15Kish
Johhnycash - what a kick-a$$ user name. I wish I'd thought of it! Anyway, I'm in a Sept 19th MD11 class at Gemini. I believe they're having one more this year after mine, but don't quote me. I'm looking forward to it!

Tomct

Total Time
11000+
:cool:ATR....did you have an internal letter of rec? How did you send in your stuff? I have hit them with both email and fax, but I have not heard a thing!
Thanks for the info!

ATRCAPT

Livin' the...dream?
Total Time
15Kish
Tomcat -
I faxed and emailed. It took exactly one month from when I sent the first fax to the phone call. They may have already filled the last Sept. class, but I think hiring will continue after the first of the year. Again, don't quote me on that! I had no internal rec. I had an internal rec, but he was a brand new guy himself so I don't know how much weight it carried. Good luck.

cargoflyr69

V-Dub for Life
Total Time
5000+
Does anyone know if the longevity pay freeze is still in effect? What is the company's stand on this?

dhc8drvr

DC1030F FO
Total Time
still in effect. The company has said that new hires will go to second year pay before being frozen. per the cba, the company and union will soon be allowed to open up two or three sections of the contract, and the pay freeze will hopefully go away, maybe bring back 401k matching also. The relationship between the two groups appears to be one of mutual concern for the company and the employees.

fogrunner

Total Time
8000+
911lil said:
Does anyone know the hiring minimums?

I would say 1000 PIC turbine, or 1000 sic in something like a 73 or larger. We did hire some right seat guys out of the RJ but that has stopped.

I know they are filling a September MD11 class. I do not know if they will run classes after that, but I will find out.

I know of guys getting hardlines right off IOE on the DC10.

There are basically 2 types of reserve.

Home reserve: (what I am doing right now) 30 min call back to scheduling, 3 hour show to your travel airport.

Online Reserve: Not much of this anymore. When we did the majority of flying out of MIA the company would send you down there to sit. If they physically placed you on reserve for say 12 hours then it was an hour call out. No specific reserve time, then it was a 12 hour call out.

The majority of the guys sitting reserve end up doing the military flying.

I have a buddy who lives down in FL. He only bids reserve. He loves it. Me, I bid the hard lines. June and July I flew Brussels-Lagos turns. August was SJU-MEM-SJU. September is BQN-MEM-BQN. The reason I am sitting reserve now is I was going to time out in Sept, so they sent me home for a few days...

dojetdriver

Total Time
fogrunner said:
I would say 1000 PIC turbine, or 1000 sic in something like a 73 or larger. We did hire some right seat guys out of the RJ but that has stopped.
QUOTE]

Is this due to simple supply and demand/competitive maketplace or do they have problems during training?

Just curious, I would like to work there but hae no PIC time.

dhc8drvr

DC1030F FO
Total Time
FreightNazi said:

johnny

Freight is great![/QUOTE]

Hauling pax aint what she used to be, the greyhound analogy is becoming a reality, and the schedules are just getting worse, hell I was flying nothing but the back side of the clock anyways. It was fun while it lasted, and while there are no gaurantees anywhere in this business, I'm putting my money on the freight.

fogrunner

Total Time
8000+
dojetdriver said:
Is this due to simple supply and demand/competitive maketplace or do they have problems during training?

Just curious, I would like to work there but hae no PIC time.

Some of the prop guys have had problems, some of the jet guys have had problems. The last 2 guys I know of who washed out had over 5000hrs and multiple jet types. One of the best Capts I fly with was a BE1900 Capt before he came to Gemini.

If you really want to work here send your stuff in and see what happens.

AAflyer

Total Time
9000+
fogrunner said:
Some of the prop guys have had problems, some of the jet guys have had problems. The last 2 guys I know of who washed out had over 5000hrs and multiple jet types. One of the best Capts I fly with was a BE1900 Capt before he came to Gemini.

If you really want to work here send your stuff in and see what happens.

Would that be Chris R?

AA

Going2Golf

Facta, non verba
Total Time
7000+
Typically,
Reserve is from home according to a post earlier in this thread.
My Question is this, in a typical month (bid period) what is a typical reserve line like?
How many days in a row can you be sent out on a trip? Are you extendable/Junior Mannable? What is the min number of hard days off that you will get in a Bid Period?
How long til you can hold a hard line?

Any additional insights into it would be appreciated.

fogrunner

Total Time
8000+
Going2Golf said:
Typically,
Reserve is from home according to a post earlier in this thread.
My Question is this, in a typical month (bid period) what is a typical reserve line like?
How many days in a row can you be sent out on a trip? Are you extendable/Junior Mannable? What is the min number of hard days off that you will get in a Bid Period?
How long til you can hold a hard line?

Any additional insights into it would be appreciated.

Per my previous post there are two types of reserve. Home Reserve or they have you sit in a city where they may need you, ie MIA, MEM, SJU etc. etc.

I have never seen any jr manning. Per the contract they can extend you 2 days, however, the stipulation for extending someone is very clear. ie MX, WX, not for say a scheduling problem.

I know people who have held hard lines right out of IOE.