• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gemini reserve

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
:cool:Is Gemini still hiring? I have not seen any recent postings about that lately! Sure would like to hear about that......And DON'T CALL ME SHIRLEY"! Maybe Fogrunner can give us some more info...How Bout it FOG!!

They are still interviewing. There was a class in July and August, and plans for classes in Sept and Oct. I think the resumes are received via email, of course internal recs are helpful. Gemini is home based, with basically the same amount of days off for everyone, so reserve is not really a bad thing. I know of at least one senior Pilot that bids reserve because he likes the variety of flying. I'm new here, just going by what I know so far. Fogrunner would have a better idea of the day to day line stuff.

Very happy I made the move from pax to cargo.

Very happy I made the move from pax to cargo.[/QUOTE]

wow! there is something you don't hear everyday.

johnny

JohnnyCash said:
Very happy I made the move from pax to cargo.

wow! there is something you don't hear everyday.

johnny
Johnny-

I flew freight, then pax.....would go back to freight in a heartbeat.

320AV8R

Johhnycash - what a kick-a$$ user name. I wish I'd thought of it! Anyway, I'm in a Sept 19th MD11 class at Gemini. I believe they're having one more this year after mine, but don't quote me. I'm looking forward to it!

:cool:ATR....did you have an internal letter of rec? How did you send in your stuff? I have hit them with both email and fax, but I have not heard a thing!
Thanks for the info!

Tomcat -
I faxed and emailed. It took exactly one month from when I sent the first fax to the phone call. They may have already filled the last Sept. class, but I think hiring will continue after the first of the year. Again, don't quote me on that! I had no internal rec. I had an internal rec, but he was a brand new guy himself so I don't know how much weight it carried. Good luck.

Does anyone know if the longevity pay freeze is still in effect? What is the company's stand on this?

still in effect. The company has said that new hires will go to second year pay before being frozen. per the cba, the company and union will soon be allowed to open up two or three sections of the contract, and the pay freeze will hopefully go away, maybe bring back 401k matching also. The relationship between the two groups appears to be one of mutual concern for the company and the employees.

Latest resources

Back