• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gemini News

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just an FYI and NOT flamebait. The president of UPS Airlines told a recent company workshop that he's very interested in Gemini's MD-11 fleet.

FreightNazi said:
Just an FYI and NOT flamebait. The president of UPS Airlines told a recent company workshop that he's very interested in Gemini's MD-11 fleet.

Let them have them so we can all move on. This Sh*ts getting old. Like the other guy said, same TA with different color font. This MEC shoud be ashamed of them selfs for even bringing this back a second time. I heard about this 2nd TA form the DO's email WTF.

It's better to die on your feet,then live on your knees

FreightNazi said:

:bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

Booooooooring!

I'm going to the ALPA site to vote against it ... we have to vote NO ... again. I don't understand why ALPA is willing to sign this contract when it is against the pilots interest.:uzi:

A post above stated that we are out of BK. Could you please post your source?
The statement from the company regarding this current TA. "we can all get on about the business of emerging from Chapter 11"
if we vote for this TA. I would like to know if we are already out of BK. The statement that the 3% is all that is authorized by the judge is in question if we are voting on this TA while out of BK. If we are out of BK, the statement regarding "emerging from BK" and the statement from our ALPA people regarding "3%" max available.. is nonsense to sway the vote.

The key is, Are we out of BK prior to the vote closing?

It is my understanding that we have been authorized by the judge to exit BK. Voting down the last TA didn't stop it. I'll just vote no again. This new TA is just smoke and mirrors. Same crap, different day. Why is the MEC in such a hurry to ratify this garbage?

Last edited:
Freightflyer1 said:
Why is the MEC in such a hurry to ratify this garbage?

This I don't understand at all. We rejected the first TA and after approx 2.5 weeks of negotiations we have this new TA brought back to us. You never get what you want, you get what you negotiate.
We were told the first time around that there would be dire consequences if the agreement was not ratified, that, this is the best deal we could get. Well after a little more than two weeks of so called negotiations we have a marginally better deal. This reminds me of the old sales tactic, what a great deal I have for you but you have to buy it today. Frankly this new TA is really just window dressing. Nothing of real substance.
I remember Netjets rejecting their first TA and taking over a year to hammer out an improved agreement, where straight wing Citation Captains can make over 6 figures by year 5.
This is not rocket science. Many of us do not have Military pensions or Military reserve duty to supplement our income. This is our primary source of income. Over 35% of crew members have been hired since 04. If you look at the DC10 FO list #10 and below have been here less than 2 years. These people are the future of Gemini. We will probably have close to 40% of the crew force retiring in the next 5 years. And what happens, the FO pay scale has been decimated. Yes the new TA improved year 13 -14 yr Captain pay by reducing 3-4 yr Captain pay.
I am sad to say the Negotiators do not seem to have our best interests at heart.
WHAT IS THE BIG RUSH. I am willing to wait for something fair and balanced.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back