Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
dc10maniac said:
Any news about the new rumor from SW?

The rumor is he wants to drylease the DC-10s and FURLOUGH half of the crew force.

If there was money in that wouldn't Carlyle have tried that already?

The company has the furlough list already. I believe we will see some furloughs starting some time in August. The plan is to get rid of two 10s before the end of the year. Most likely, the two with the highest airframe cycles.That's been the plan all along.

Additionally, the remaining 10s are timing out on cycles within the next 36 months (120,000 cycles max). Hopefully it will be one for one....we'll see!

"The company has the furlough list already. I believe we will see some furloughs starting some time in August."

Mostly scare tactics to put us back on our knees begging for the company to let us keep our jobs. Might be some truth to it, in that two tens were coming up for D checks anyway, but the rest is a lot of BS designed to get us to accept the horsecrap TA's we just voted down.

Don't let them put you back on your knees guys.

It's all BS,how can they drylease aircraft that belong to Bayside starting Aug 1st? Don't fall for this. STAND UNITED.

Wow I am amazed by all the rumors. We have a Scope clause in our contract, so it would be difficult for SW to dry lease a/c without a 1113c. Without a 1113c he would be in violation of the CBA also the most jr a/c as far as f/os is the 11 so there would be considerable re-training costs if a furlough were to occur.
There are are two 10s due for D checks in 16 months from now. The 10s that are, have been through C checks recently have had some of the D check items completed. This extends the time out for the next check. The info concerning C and D checks came from our CP at a recent recurrent.
Do I think some 10s will go away, absolutely, when is the question? Do I think we will see two disappear here shortly, I highly doubt it.
Also we are 30+ crewmembers short. When all the 10s have completed the C checks the company plans to cover the flying with OT.

Last edited:
BANKRUPTCY UPDATE

After a hearing Thursday July 20th, lasting approximately one hour, the Bankruptcy Court confirmed Gemini's plan of reorganization.
Wednesday night Gemini reached agreement with xxxx on the lease arrangements for 2 MD-11s which was the remaining principal objection to confirmation of the plan.
Under the plan, the Company agreed to assume our collective bargaining agreement as it currently stands. This means that contract benefits and claims from before the bankruptcy will be paid in full.
By comparison, trade creditors owed money from before the bankruptcy will receive xxx cents on the dollar for their claims.
Assumption of the agreement and confirmation of the plan also means that we will not face the threat of an 1113 action while we negotiate a new agreement.

Last edited:
Scope

Section 1 (page 1-1)

B 3. The Company will not directly or indirectly sell, lease or otherwise transfer any aircraft owned, leased or operated by the Company to any airline which is owned or operated by the Company if such sale, lease or transfer will directly cause a reduction in force, unless the flying of such aircraft by such airline is performed by Crewmembers on the Gemini Air Cargo Pilot and Flight Engineer Seniority Lists in accordance with this Agreement.

Obviously such dry lease agreements as threatened by the MGT would be in violation of the scope clause in our collective bargining agreement...wouldn't it be prudent to have our lawyers prepared with motions to stop said lease agreements if MGT did try to dry lease the aircraft?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back