• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gemini News

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The pay freeze lift under the existing scale.. fair enough, in particular, setting the bid on a monthy basis would bring about either a bit of $$ or maybe a few more days at home. Hey, setting the bid on a monthly basis, that is already the verbage in the contract. Man, look at the grievance results even prior to filing for bankrupcy? My opinion, ALPA grievance results from the past, making a decision, obtaining a result.. totally worthless. I have no faith in the grievance process at least not ALPA-GAC relationship..P.O.S. process (this may be just related to GAC-ALPA) We are better off playing "tough" as required on our own accord. ALPA seems to have encouraged a TA that was crap and actually would have harmed other groups as well.

Last edited:
very well put. its a shame the company would have even tried to force this TA upon us, worse that we had a video with our union negotiators morosely tell us that not accepting this TA would ultimately be the demise of our company as we know it. I am actually sad that we had such a poor voter turnout. the voice of the union is only as strong as its members. and as sad as all of this is, we are a pathetic bunch so far. we are at least in accord, on flightinfo, that the 'State of Things' here is bad, but honestly I know of no strong effort to push what we want across the table in Dulles. I think getting the payfreeze lifted at the current rates was in the cards all along, it was a bluff, a game to see if we would buckle like we did when we first accepted the initial payfreeze. It seems only logical to believe the company, with all of its hiring in 2004/05 the lucrative flying for purple and AMC, that we are sitting on a cash cow. If mismanagement is what is causing the airlines downfall, then I hope we all have the wits about us to be more proactive about where it is going. We have some very shrewd men here that are willing to push for us. It is time to send the 'FOLKS' a message. Hope we can get our point across before we go the way of other 'Craptastic' outfits before us have....

Look, I think the world of a couple of our MEC members. Man, I swear that I think that ALPA national pushes fo rthis crap. I am not negative ALPA, thank god for some elements of the contract. I care about doing my job, and I still give a ******************** about this company. I have to say when they said "dry lease" and talk about ********************canning people who have been here 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.. years.. even longer if you consider our wonderful F.E.'s man.. I'll press on and am willing to take less of a bump for better quality of life. Other than more days off set.. I want month to month per the contract.. We do a great job for the company as always.. I had the chance to shut down a plane after 18 hours and 36 minutes, but noooooooo I give a ********************, safety first but I do care. The thought of laying off people I care about or rather the threat.. really makes everything taste soo bad. I will continue to do my job and work hard, but man, give a ******************** about us if you expect us to give a ******************** about the company.

Charlie Rudebaugh

I agree with most of what you said, but don't accept less of a pay bump. We negotiated with good faith on the first contract, but obviously the company didn't. We accepted less than we should have just to get a contract in place. The TA that got voted down was a total piece of crap, and a slap in the face of every Gemini crew member. Like I said above, don't accept less than was negotiated in the current contract, you've earned much more than that.

Freightflyer1,
You are right, but the way the TA vote turned out, I'm afraid some of our crewmembers will be quick to accept the next TA ( even if its less then our current contract.)
we have to Stay united...

Who says the company wouldn't have furloughed if we had accepted the new TA? The new one gives 3rd year pay at now second year rates, and 6 year pay at current 3rd year rate, an increase in health insurance. That's not even a cost of living increase. Voting yes because of a furlough threat is stupid. The pay freeze should be lifted at the rates of the original contract. Slightly lower rates (but better than the TA) in my eyes would be acceptable if there would be a descent 401k match

We will never have a 100% vote if there are (management) pilots negotiating with the pilot group. I don't even see how these management pilots could put this TA on the table

Last edited:
GAC11Flyer said:
The company has the furlough list already. I believe we will see some furloughs starting some time in August. The plan is to get rid of two 10s before the end of the year. Most likely, the two with the highest airframe cycles.That's been the plan all along.

Additionally, the remaining 10s are timing out on cycles within the next 36 months (120,000 cycles max). Hopefully it will be one for one....we'll see!

Wow...are DC-10's really certified for 120,000 cycles? Was it maybe flight hours? I read about one -30 that had 104,000 hrs....just can't remember the airline.

Apparently, there is a new customer in Miami in need of some DC10's, two to be exact. Also, we may see an MD on the milan run real soon, now that A/C is going away at the end of August.

Stay United!

DAS Air guys told me they had a DC10 that had over 150.000 hrs. Wouldn't surprise me a bit. 12 hrs a day for 35 years

The Latest

Folks, I am pleased to inform you that Gemini and ALPA
have reached a Revised Tentative Agreement on the
labor contract currently in force with the
crewmembers. Following the rejection of the previous
TA by the crewmembers, the company and ALPA
negotiating committees returned to the bargaining
table and made some adjustments to the original TA.

The RTA will be submitted to the crewmembers
for a vote beginning Thursday, 8/10, with the voting
closing Friday, 8/18. We are optimistic that with the
positive adjustments made, this RTA will be ratified
and we can all get on about the business of emerging
from Chapter 11 and making Gemini one of the true
success stories in our industry.

Latest resources

Back