• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gemini new pay scale

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think green put it best, 99.00 for a 4 year widebody captain is about what the fo should be making. I came here with the expectation that the payscales, would reflect a certain income, now they are trying to bump them backwards? if we had a 100 hour guarantee, I would be alright, but the limited OT, the scrounging of perdiem, and the seriously low pay in year one all suck. When I was hired, I did not even know about the pay freeze, no one said anything until indoc. I then heard we would go to second year pay and the pay freeze would be lifted. well here I am coming up on my third year and with the new payscales won't see a raise for another year and a half. I will only get a 2 dollar an hour raise, about 100 dollars a month? to disappear from the continent and go slumming in africa 18 days a month? had I seen the proposed payscales when I was interviewing, I would have said no, I would be better off at a regional or fractional.
Please MEC tell us how we benefit from this BOVINE EXCREMENT???
VOTE NO!

Well, I suppose it will turn out just like US Air, UAL, DAL, NW et al . . . . . if "they" decide to cut your pay and you show up for work, then that's what you're worth. The CEO's know that. The only way to get their attention is to figuratively burn the place down and force the owners to go withough revenue for several months while scabs are trained. S

If you show up for work for $55 an hour. . . . then I guess you're worth $55.

I trashed the ALPA Fast read "congrats GAC on TA" If anyone still has it.. please post it here.. ALPA congrats coupled with a letter from the company stating that the pay freeze is history.. a couple of days to feel good.. followed by a new payscale we didn't see coming, pay cut!!.. what a zinger that was..
ALPA did us wrong by putting out a BS statement ignoring that we were getting a pay cut!! misleading to All ALPA memebers.. also stated 3 % raise included..
If anyone has a copy please post.

Thanks, but no thanks...

Gemini Crewmembers to Vote on Labor Contract That Ends 4-Year Pay Freeze
After four years without pay increases, Gemini crewmembers will vote on a labor contract that not only ends the pay freeze but also increases compensation by an aggregate 3 percent for flying both the DC-10F and MD-11F.
The labor contract also increases the pay for the International Relief Officer.
During contract talks, a detailed examination of the company was conducted, including an in-depth economic analysis by ALPA’s Economic & Financial Analysis Department to verify that the company would be able to meet the pay increases since the TA was reached as the company is still trying to emerge from bankruptcy.
According to the TA, crewmembers serving as International Relief Officers will now be paid an additional $5 per hour beyond their regular hourly rate. Also, the Gemini crewmembers' longevity was reinstated--the crewmembers will get back the years they lost during the pay freeze. The pay scale had to be adjusted to account for new crewmembers' pay versus the pay of those who have longevity.
The negotiating committee stayed in constant communication with the crewmembers and provided them with regular updates.
"I am pleased we were able to reach an agreement that will allow Gemini Air Cargo and its crewmembers to move forward," says Capt. BA, Gemini MEC chairman. “This agreement contains several positives for all of our crewmembers, including the lifting of a four-year pay freeze and compensation improvements over the life of the agreement.”
BJ, director of operations of Gemini Air Cargo, says, “We believe this contract is good for the company and for crewmembers, and it meets the criteria we established for the resolution of this process. I am gratified with the agreement we have reached and am proud of the valuable contribution that our experienced, professional pilots and flight engineers make to Gemini.”

The contract is subject to ratification by the Gemini members of ALPA, and ratification voting will take place over the next several weeks.

First of all, let me say that I too will vote "NO" to this TA. I have been here 7 years and would rather se this company go under than take any more crap and low pay. If every other cargo company is making money right now and ATLAS who also has gone thru bankruptcy recently can afford to pay its 6 year Captains $150.00 per hour, commercial its crewmembers Business Class and has a matching 401K then so should Gemini. Otherwise it is time to get entirely new management.

Secondly, I have spoken to the MEC as recent as last Thursday and he said that after looking at the books with ALPA that we cannot expect to get any more from Gemini because the company just isn't making enough money to give us more. While a company is in Bankruptcy seems to be a pretty hard time to "hide money' from a bankruptcy judge and ALPA so not sure what the answer is.

Thirdly, any dispariaging remarks about this MEC obviously comes from someone who doesn't know him. He is an extremely professional pilot, very easy to fly with, a VietNam Vet, and one of the most upstanding people that I have ever had the opportunity to know and we couldn't do any better with anyone else at Gemini right now. He has been working 12 hour days every day of the week to stay ahead of both the bankruptcy issue as well as the TA. I do agree that this TA should have never been put to a vote because it is so pathetic but I didn't have the priviledge of attending the negotiations.

Lets "stay strong" and vote this down and hope for a better future.

Is gemini busy right now? I am confused as to why Gemini is having so many problems with the acmi business.I was under the impression that long haul international ops demand was strong.Has Gemini lost some contracts or something?If the airplanes are moving they should make a profit on negotiated contracts.Just wondering,stand strong.

Good question, Gemini should be profitable, esp since the wages have been frozen for four years. The MD-11s are contracted, and for the time being most of the DC-10's are also. (one in heavy check).

Current pay scale with longevity fix!

Remember, there's a lot of pressure in the ACMI business, with all these new startups, Focus, 360, ect. They are charging low rates, flight times vs block times and accepting short term contracts. Ten years ago, a long term contract was 3 to 5 years, now their measured in months.

Also consider the extra pressure of Gemini being in a small three holer market vs the 747 market.

As far as your MEC accepting this TA, I can asssure there is a story to be told by all the folks involved. Ask them.

Stay united, but keep your eyes and ears open.

the md-11 has excellent economics vs the old 747's.it carries a buttload at a fraction of the cost,just ask fed ex or ups it is no coincidence they suck all of them off the market.

Latest resources

Back