Gemini new pay scale

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Comments and thoughts from some of my fellow GAC's

....Yeah I've talked with some more folks myself...I'm doubtful of ratification. I did talk to one Capt. who told me he was voting yes, ofcourse don't think he knows why..I've heard that this thing is tied to coming out of ch.11, however I'm skeptical of that since there is no mention of our contract in the ch.11 filing. If it were tied, that means there would be a known outcome....how could that be? So I think that rumor is BS...Also if the company says either ratify this or we continue ch.11 thats not negotiating in good faith which is a violation of the RLA. We are under contract, we are just in negotiations no biggie. Shoot, this thing voted down negotiations could continue for a while. The NMB has not been brought in, we are a long ways from even having a strike vote....So your right we just continue on

Well you friend was partially correct but when the comparison to the 2004 contract pay is displayed (which we never got) then that needs to be the issue. if the company is using that inlieu of the payfreeze at the table well then something ain't right. VOTE NO! and whay not wait until our whole memberdhip is able to vote? We had a huge class in June/July of last year. Timing?

I am sending these initial thoughts out to just a few friends. I am not including crewmember names. I am not sure these people want their names attatched at this early stage. I also think that that would be their decision not mine. The information is a good read as we approach a vote on the TA.

voting NO. I hope that it does not pass. If the union votes NO, then we'll continue under the current agreement. Our goal should still be to eliminate the pay freeze. I imagine that the company's position will be: OK, what do you want to give up in order to do that? I think our united position (assuming that we don't want to give up anything) is that we will have to be ready to call for a strike vote.

I'm convinced that if we want to get rid of the pay freeze, that's what it will take. World did very good with their strike. Gemini is making money--despite the fact that we're in bankruptcy. I think that in the event we vote to strike, the customers will put pressure on MGT to settle the issue or lose contracts. (Something we haven't had in our favor as yet.) Our MEC strike committee needs to talk with the World strike committee. I imagine ALPA HQ will not like that, but at this point who cares?

I think that the last hearing in front of a judge to exit CH11 is scheduled for the 20th of July and then to exit bankruptcy 10 days after that. As slow as the MEC has been to get out details of the TA, I don't see any reason for them to rush word back to the company on the results of the vote...let them exit on schedule.

Gotta be careful what I say on this here company site. Vulgar language can get a guy fired ya know :) I'd have to agree with what you say. From the sections I have seen we lose, lose, lose. Getting off the pay freeze ? Big deal when they revamp the pay schedule so bad that you never see current scheduled ten year
pay. The annual pay raises don't even keep up with inflation to say nothing of the losses we have absorbed over the last 4 years. It looks like home basing is up for grabs again. Pay credit gets set back, again. Carry overs are clearly and officially sanctioned. Selling vacation is officially marked at less than daily pay credit. Insurance premiums are guaranteed to increase. The new pay scale would put us in the same league as Omni, Kalitta, and Evergreen. Even World gets better than 140 after ten years. I can't believe that the committee guys have the guts to try and sell this dog. But then, maybe that is the management strategy, They want us to reject t his so they can keep on with their current abuse and shut us up about the freeze. What is the deal with the IRO? Some sweetener to get the fo's on board for this obscenity of a document.

I wholehartedly agree. This is an embarrasment, . The new guys I have talked to laughed at this. I would be frozen at my current pay rate until 4th year because of the pay cut... and the IRO issue. That is so the company can hire F/O's and not give a type rating...sigh...as though anyone is going to leave here because
they have a MD-11 type rating...

I'm incredibly disapointed. I will guarentee from my end that a NO vote is in the ofting.

I had at first thought that the company was gonna pay us for what we did in a month (not bid cycle) well I see thats not the case. If it had been even with the different scale one could make more money. So one thing I thought was a gain is not there. Also the IRO thing, that will really only benefit a few. I really don't see this passing. Which in it self is not a bad thing. Just means hey thanks but no thanks.I will however wait to cast my vote until after I listen to the roadshow. Another key thing is for everyone who can needs to vote......If it either fails by alot or passes by alittle it sends a good message of unity. Failing by alot is I think a more possible outcome

I sent a letter to the MEC last night saying this is a total farse

I see no increase in "quality of life" I was willing to take a smaller bump in pay to if the result was more days off or some other proper quality of life increase. We are giving up the carry in carry out grievence. If they have to pay for carry in or out, there would either be more $$ or more days off as a result. Not even close to keeping up with inflation. Also people here 6 years or less,
look at the old pay scale then what you can look forward to.. actually a pay cut..if you are looking ahead on the scale.. vs current scale

what killed me.. letter from company stating pay freeze is being lifted.. then an ALPA Fastread.. stating to all ALPA member.. congrats GAC.. pay freeze lifted and longevity restored.,. wonderful that an agreement has been made.. congrats etc..

then we waited 2 plus days for the details, happy family, individuals etc.. then a pay cut.. F.O.'s will gain 2.00 per hour to less than 2.00 per hour per year of service..Same for our fab.. F.E.'s and Captains.. well before 6 year party made 121.00 hr.. now 105.. look forward to that with 3-5.00 more per hour per year of service.. and the final bit.. man, locked into the carry in and out.. up to 4 days..no pay.. at all...
locks you into bidding carry over bids every month, or suffer 9 days off.. maybe 10 if you are lucky for the month...CRAP I can't wait to get the opportunity to VOTE NO... also the letter from company and the piece of crap from ALPA Fastread.. then the letdown.. all the more dissapointed and pissed off....and ALPA with the Fast read to the Airline world.. what a PR piece of crap.. kick in the stomach fomr GAC if you ask me.. ohh

did you guys also know that we have people here 12 months and a day making the same as people here 5 plus years.. 5 to 6 years on 2nd year pay.. those 12 months and a day.. second year pay as well.. how much can we take.. a not.. I am not against the 12 month and a day pilot having that pay increase.. not my point.. just the screw job

Enough B*tching, if it is that bad and insulting to the hard work you already do, and the days on end on the road, then vote no!!!!! Just do me one favor, if it is really awful, don't vote yes. You will be selling yourselves short like the regional carriers did and then, mgt will not walk all over you, but stomp all over you, if you give once they will expect you to give every time. I am not sure what you meant by not typing or getting around typing FOs.
I still can't figure out why MD-11 FOs get typed and the DC-10 only get SIC types either. Trust me, whether typing or not typing won't keep anyone from running to the door.
Good luck to those at GAC! You have my support.

I disagree...

I beg to differ, there hasn't been near enough B*tching...until the vote is final we should feel free to speak our minds on the issue.

After the vote, then its time be unified with the result.

I'd hate to see somebody vote yes without a complete airing of the details involved and the company members hearing from their colleagues.

Me, I'm voting NO and I'm happy to discuss why I am...

What I was saying, if the TA sucks, vote no and hell no!!! I would hate to see the ACMI carriers go the way of the regionals in being brought to their knees. After 4 years at a pay freeze, yes enough is enough. Wages definitely has never caught up to inflation, and at this point it will never do so. I am supporting those at GAC. I would hate to see y'all get sold down the river. I was shocked that ALPA in the Fastread made it sound like it was a good deal. I tried to get on over there but was not successful. But I harbor no ill will. In fact I am attempting to reapply. You guys have given up enough, and if GAC is proiftable, it's time to regain your share of the pie. You can speak your peace all you want, that's fine, but don't vote yes, if the TA stinx!! That's what I am trying to say. Don't be a Mesa and sell yourselves short. Like the legacies and the regionals, a line must be drawn as to how much pilot groups are willing to give. You'd be surprised how mgt has a backup plan to proceed without paycuts.
The louder mgt b*tches about how much labor is costing them, the more money they are making.
I've been through this game at two other carriers.

Thanks Drill Sgt. Dad,

I think we can do better than the current TA...and the first step is to vote it down.

After looking at the details finally put out on the ALPA site I cannot think of a single reason to vote for it. Hoping that my fellow GAC aviators see things the same way I do...sharing our opinions online is one way to get the word out, and let no one cast an uneducated vote.

Not sure when we'll be hiring again?

supermd11 said:
GEMINI TENTATIVE AGREEMENT

Prob year (First Year)

CAPT - $83
F/O - $45
F/E - $55

year 2

CAPT - $89.76
F/O - $64.34
F/E - $57.10

YEAR 3

CAPT - $96.15
F/O - $66.27
F/E - $58.81

YEAR 4

CAPT - $99.03
F/O - $68.26
F/E - $60.57

YEAR 5

CAPT - $102.00
F/O - $70.31
F/E - $62.39

YEAR 6

CAPT - $105.06
F/O - $72.42
F/E - $64.26

YEAR 7

CAPT - $108.21
F/O - $74.59
F/E - $66.19

YEAR 8

CAPT - $113.46
F/O - $77.58
F/E - $70.39

YEAR 9

CAPT - $118.72
F/O - $80.68
F/O - $73.54

YEAR 10

CAPT - $125.02
F/O - $83.91
F/E - $77.74

YEAR 11

CAPT - $131.33
F/O - $87.26
F/E - $81.95

YEAR 12

CAPT - $135.27
F/O - $89.88
F/E - $84.41

YEAR 13

CAPT - $137.64
F/O - $91.44
F/E - $85.71

YEAR 14

CAPT - $140.00
F/O - $93.00
F/E - $87.00

VOTE NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO

OUCH!!! 4yr captain on a widebody making $99/hr.????? That should be second year f/o pay. Good luck guys/gals.

Drill Sarg.. really did not mean to come off as "bitching" I sent out a feeler to my fellow crewmembers to get a feel for their thoughts. This was more to find relief knowing that most of us will vote NO. The thought of it going through.. well, what a horrible thought. Some of the points were very important to get out.. such as the idea of we can not come out of bankrupcy without sucking on this TA and voting yes.total nonsense... I admit I find relief that my fellow crewmembers are against this TA. Also the NO vote seems to come from alll seniority levels and seats..

I appreciate your support for our group. I would like to add.. when something is so awful, and not right.. GO HIGH PROFILE.. let others see it.. get it out there.. even for our fellow crewmembers working for other carriers.. that is the second reason for my post. I would also like to thanks the GAC's who have posted the scale etc...

Ask your negotiating committee what were they thinking about when agreeing to anything that is subpar. Just because a carrier is in bankrupcy, they just can't go running to the judge begging an 1113c. Look at Mesaba, the judge denied mgt that. They would have to prove your labor agreement and wages are a burden and contirbuting to the factors of why the company is in chapter 11. After 4 years of pay freezes, that'll be hard to do. I can only hope you have ALPA's support and their willingness to defend the pilot group.
Stay unified, "United you stand divided you beg.

Drill Sgt. Dad said:
Ask your negotiating committee what were they thinking about when agreeing to anything that is subpar. Just because a carrier is in bankrupcy, they just can't go running to the judge begging an 1113c. Look at Mesaba, the judge denied mgt that. They would have to prove your labor agreement and wages are a burden and contirbuting to the factors of why the company is in chapter 11. After 4 years of pay freezes, that'll be hard to do. I can only hope you have ALPA's support and their willingness to defend the pilot group.
Stay unified, "United you stand divided you beg.

I wouldn't use Mesaba as your example. While its true that the judge denied the first 1113c attempt, he left if open for a re-filing, which mgmt did immediately. The judge said he will reach a decision on the second filing the week of July 10th... and it doesn't look good at this point. Mesaba is set up to be ruined by mgmt with the lowest wages in the industry, and from the looks of it, your mgmt proposed about the same thing. Don't let it go even half as far as it did at Mesaba. Best of luck Gemini pilots.

-IHM

Latest resources

Back