• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gary Kelly's ATN Comments at Message To The Field

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did you Southwest pilots see the SLI award for Frontier and Republic? Another relative award with several totally different type companies. I don't think your staple dreams will come even remotely true. Take a look at the award if you have time. It will open your eyes, big time.

OYS

Look again.

The top of the list contains only two of the represented groups.
The bottom of the list contains only one group.

Ask a Midwest FO if there was a staple.

Look again.

The top of the list contains only two of the represented groups.
The bottom of the list contains only one group.

Ask a Midwest FO if there was a staple.

Midwest pilots had NO planes left. You can't compare them to the Airtran pilots, even though you wish to. The key for you is the mixture of the top two groups, kinda like your own 2 groups. Get it, yet? You will.

OYS

Last edited:
Small airline with 1700 pilots that is really considered a large regional
Maybe Airtran can sign a contract with Volaris to do some codesharing so Airtran can get some international exposure.
You are being bought because you cannot compete anymore.
My bad, I was confused to why Southwest announced they were cutting 37 daily Florida departures last March as Airtran continues to add more and more Florida capacity. You cleared that question up for me. Did you write the following article?

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/20...rt-lauderdale-southwest-airlines-major-cities

My bad, I was confused to why Southwest announced they were cutting 37 daily Florida departures last March as Airtran continues to add more and more Florida capacity. You cleared that question up for me. Did you write the following article?

It is called strategery. They eliminated overlapping routes so the DOJ process is seemless and they optimized the flight schedule. It is a novel idea that has created nearly 40 years of profitability. You probably wouldn't be bought with chump change if your airline had the same type of forethought.

You are in severe denial if you think the flight cutbacks had anything to do with AirTran's competitive pressure. This was a well played strategic move and nothing more.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back