• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gary Kelly Ain't Waitin' for the DOJ!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
12yr AAI captain is $186/hr in 2014.....btw. SWA contract is more but not that much in. 4yrs. Do the SWA guys know the payrates of AAI's new contract? In 4 yrs the pay rates are a lit closer. The new contract is less than we wanted but much better than current, especially in 4 yrs.

This just kills any credibility. For one, lets look at today's rates. 2014 is crystal ball analysis in the airline business. Today, twelve year: Captains, SWA $210 to AT's $162. FOs, SWA $147 to AT's $101. Those are the facts.

And to ignore the magical agreement by your management, days after they sell you out to SWA, is telling of your greed.

I, along with most all of SWA pilots, dislike this purchase of your airline. And this is a great example of our concerns of your character you will be bringing to OUR happy little company.

I was simply pointing out that our new contract has closed some of the gap in payrates. Of course SWA guys make a lot more than us, but some of the numbers quoted on here were our old contract. How did my post bring into question my character? Heck I have a kick azz character! :)

Vixin, +1. You guys got a contract because it was money in your pockets now before the acquisition. End of. Without this acquisition, you probably would have been on strike. Guys, just accept you just landed a great deal, smile, have a happy life. Quit arguing "your case" because you really don't have one. Whatever the outcome of this sli, you guys will still be smiling.

Tex,
I didn't say we were taking their managers...just said our newly integrated company, which will still be SWA and it's managers, will be playing all of us in the future. But come on, you really think they're not trying to protect their people also? What's to become of their management? They need to fight for, and rightfully get relative seniority! All of SWA needs to feel the same pain as we overpaid, underworked pilots. I honestly think some of our VPs need disappear and move backwards in the food chain! It's obvious the "Peter Principle" is not in effect here and some need to go back to provisioning aircraft and chunking bags where their true talents lie!

Dolce

What is just plane disappointing is the ungrateful appearance that most AT pilots have on this board. The SWA pilots before you worked very, very hard to get we are today. The largest reason for SWA's success is on the backs of its employees. Our productivity is second to none in the industry. And that productivity is the hard work we have done both on the line, and off.

No matter where seniority may end up, most all the AT pilots are thrilled about this acquisition. And most all the SWA pilots are not. That should tell you the entire story. SWA is acquiring AT for no more than 300 million out of the bank account. That is a fact. The value of this transaction is not what most of the AT pilots on this board are trying to sell the SWA pilots. If it cost SWA 1.4 bil out of the bank account, SWA would have not purchased AT's assets. It is not worth nearly that much.

So any AT pilot trying to push ANYTHING in the neighborhood of relative seniority as fair is going to rub every, and I mean EVERY SWA pilot raw. You guys are potentially walking into a very lucrative SWA job that we earned with SWA. We all put in our dues before we got hired by our respective airlines. But from our perspective, and I feel comfortable speaking for SWA pilots as a whole, we earned the position with SWA. And we don't look at it that way with the AT pilots. No matter what you think or feel, this will not change our minds. It is what it is.

So, any AT pilot who tries to justify their seniority on this board, or any other, is just pissing off the SWA pilots. Wherever the seniority falls, and this is far from a done deal, it will not be because of the opinions on this board. But the opinions on this board are all over the pilot ranks at SWA and there is not ONE pilot I have spoke to that isn't pissed off at those opinions. Even if it is just a few pilots speaking, it is the only voice being heard. And that is not good for the pilots of AT.

If I were you, I would keep my opinions to myself. You are coming to work for us, and not the other way around.

Peace out.

What is just plane disappointing is the ungrateful appearance that most AT pilots have on this board. The SWA pilots before you worked very, very hard to get we are today. The largest reason for SWA's success is on the backs of its employees. Our productivity is second to none in the industry. And that productivity is the hard work we have done both on the line, and off.

No matter where seniority may end up, most all the AT pilots are thrilled about this acquisition. And most all the SWA pilots are not. That should tell you the entire story. SWA is acquiring AT for no more than 300 million out of the bank account. That is a fact. The value of this transaction is not what most of the AT pilots on this board are trying to sell the SWA pilots. If it cost SWA 1.4 bil out of the bank account, SWA would have not purchased AT's assets. It is not worth nearly that much.

So any AT pilot trying to push ANYTHING in the neighborhood of relative seniority as fair is going to rub every, and I mean EVERY SWA pilot raw. You guys are potentially walking into a very lucrative SWA job that we earned with SWA. We all put in our dues before we got hired by our respective airlines. But from our perspective, and I feel comfortable speaking for SWA pilots as a whole, we earned the position with SWA. And we don't look at it that way with the AT pilots. No matter what you think or feel, this will not change our minds. It is what it is.

So, any AT pilot who tries to justify their seniority on this board, or any other, is just pissing off the SWA pilots. Wherever the seniority falls, and this is far from a done deal, it will not be because of the opinions on this board. But the opinions on this board are all over the pilot ranks at SWA and there is not ONE pilot I have spoke to that isn't pissed off at those opinions. Even if it is just a few pilots speaking, it is the only voice being heard. And that is not good for the pilots of AT.

If I were you, I would keep my opinions to myself. You are coming to work for us, and not the other way around.

Peace out.

CaptMack,

Look into a mirror and get over yourself. How do you even put on a polo shirt with a head like that?
SWA has spent several decades undercutting labor rates and acting as the anchor to pilot working renumeration and after one decade of BK's for the rest of the industry you find yourself at the top of the payscale for 737. Then you buy another "upstart" and you lecture them about how they haven't brought any contract improvments to the table. Really?

Tex,
I didn't say we were taking their managers...just said our newly integrated company, which will still be SWA and it's managers, will be playing all of us in the future. But come on, you really think they're not trying to protect their people also? What's to become of their management? They need to fight for, and rightfully get relative seniority! All of SWA needs to feel the same pain as we overpaid, underworked pilots. I honestly think some of our VPs need disappear and move backwards in the food chain! It's obvious the "Peter Principle" is not in effect here and some need to go back to provisioning aircraft and chunking bags where their true talents lie!

Dolce

Dolce,
I am throwing the BS flag. I do not think you fly for SWA. Nice try.

CaptMack,

Look into a mirror and get over yourself. How do you even put on a polo shirt with a head like that?
SWA has spent several decades undercutting labor rates and acting as the anchor to pilot working renumeration and after one decade of BK's for the rest of the industry you find yourself at the top of the payscale for 737. Then you buy another "upstart" and you lecture them about how they haven't brought any contract improvments to the table. Really?

Case in point.

Clueless. Every SWA pilot are just shaking their heads.

You want the job, and the pilots don't want you here. That is the reality.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back