G5 SIC slots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Hawker dude

Why would a 300 #PIC bid an FO slot. Even it is on the GV what an A-Hole.

I dont know which is worse between this and the old farts that won't go away.

Nice type rating to have in the bank... Plus, maybe he thinks he won't reach the GV as PIC at this pace and he wants to see the world... You see it in the airline world when 737 Captains don't believe they will reach 777 Captain before retirement - why not spend some time as a senior FO and get that experience...

Speaking of NJA/NJI, how many legacy NJA guys have bid over to the Gulfstream on the former NJI side of the fence? How senior do you have to be to bid the lowest GIVSP FO slot?

Last edited:
Seniority rules.

At an airline this wouldn't be unusual at all. Most FO's I fly with on the 744 can hold 757/767 Capt. Like was said guy just wants some new scenery.

the old farts that won't go away. That's MUCH, MUCH worse.... a few months ago i had recurrent with a 70 year old guy. This dying dinosaur has no live at home, so he hangs around and takes an opportunity away from a younger guy. Selfish A-HOLE...It pisses me off to no end

That is kinda surprising. Either he has a job waiting in the wings or he just wants the cool trips, and the trips ARE really interesting. Another possible reason: he wants to fly with guys who don't spend time quoting the contract and slamming management, which several former NJA guys told me they are so happy about on the GV.

Another idea: maybe the pilot wants to get some Gulfstream time before the Globals start to arrive in a few years... Get some G-Whiz time now before they depart the fleet...

Maybe the guy was finally starting to figure out that his ability to change his depends (let alone his ability to be in command of a jet) had long since escaped him.:0

the old farts that won't go away. That's MUCH, MUCH worse.... a few months ago i had recurrent with a 70 year old guy. This dying dinosaur has no live at home, so he hangs around and takes an opportunity away from a younger guy. Selfish A-HOLE...It pisses me off to no end

Typical entitlement attitude...give it to me, it's mine because I deserve it.

Latest resources

Back