• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

G4dude wants to scab thread.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well then, you must know something the FAA and the major airlines don't know.

http://news.erau.edu/top-news/airli...her-at-embry-riddle-to-discuss-pilot-shortage

"...Despite a national debate on both sides of the pilot supply issue, the regional airlines are already feeling the effect. The shortage of qualified pilots has already begun to impact them deeply.? Pilot Supply and Demand Summit discussions include new FAA flight training standards, manufacturing demands and forecasts, regional and legacy airline pilot attrition and hiring demands and how aviation universities like Embry-Riddle can support the industry."

Well if Embry-Riddle says there is a shortage, it must be true, because we all know they don't have anything to gain by promoting that message. Oh wait....

Scabs?

I view folks with substantial outside incomes and benefits who vote for a TA for themselves instead of for the greater good of the pilot group almost as bad as a real scab

A lot of pilots throughout this industry fit this definition

Scabs?

I view folks with substantial outside incomes and benefits who vote for a TA for themselves instead of for the greater good of the pilot group almost as bad as a real scab

That's just asinine. The greater good is determined by vote not your sole perception of what the greater good should be. It's none of your business why someone votes the way they do. They certainly don't owe you their vote, and their financial position is irrelevant. Besides, who decides what constitutes "substantial outside income"? This is just more class warfare. You've got yours (or at least more than me), so give me some bullschite. There are plenty of pilots in far worse financial positions than you. You should quit to open a spot for them for the greater good. Or, does it only apply to people with more than you?

You need to open your mind a bit. They will typically be willing to take pay and Benny cuts because it will not affect them.

Someone who flies for their sole income will be affected by the votes of others. Yes they will.

You need to open your mind a bit. They will typically be willing to take pay and Benny cuts because it will not affect them.

Someone who flies for their sole income will be affected by the votes of others. Yes they will.

Class warfare is a scream. Reminds me of the House MD episode in which someone says she doesn't care about herself, only about others. House replies, "then why don't you sign an organ donor card and kill yourself?"

Scabs?

The definition of what is right does not necessarily have to agree with your opinion, Sport.

there are takers and givers in life

you are best to be somewhere in the middle and you will be a successful person

Go ahead and cross. When you quit because of the way the other pilots treat you afterwards, forget about ever getting another union job, ever again.

Enjoy the Internet infamy that ensues as well.

Go ahead and cross. When you quit because of the way the other pilots treat you afterwards, forget about ever getting another union job, ever again.

Enjoy the Internet infamy that ensues as well.

Do you agree with the way union people act in this regard?

Latest resources

Back