G200

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
G100driver said:
With all that said ... too bad you cannot get a DA-2000. Last I heard Serial #05 2000EX (2003) was on the market for 5 days.

What an awesome airplane. Not including the real Gulfstreams, in my opinion, the Falcons are the most reliable jets in the fleet. As for the EX-EASy's, they'll be just as good if Cert III ever comes out.

Last I heard from our rep, there are no Straight 2000's on the market!

SG

I think NJA planned to have a FA with galley on the 200, but had to scrap that because it would not make the numbers. Even with the downsides I hear they sell well.

Some guy said:
Last I heard from our rep, there are no Straight 2000's on the market!

SG

There are 3 that are publically advertised and a couple of more that are availalble privately. All straight airplanes.

Hogprint said:
I think NJA planned to have a FA with galley on the 200, but had to scrap that because it would not make the numbers. Even with the downsides I hear they sell well.

Intel indicates they are going out the door for 18 mil, fully equiped and with a few options. To get the same range with the same cabin size will cost another 10 mil with a competing product (2000 ex for example).

Not hard to understand why they wouldn't sell good. That's a big swing.

ultrarunner said:
Intel indicates they are going out the door for 18 mil, fully equiped and with a few options. To get the same range with the same cabin size will cost another 10 mil with a competing product (2000 ex for example).

Not hard to understand why they wouldn't sell good. That's a big swing.

Gulfstream's loss leader, huh... Hey, if it works for Wal-Mart, it'll work for Gulfstream.TC

Just like the original Challengers, had to give them away to get rid of them. Make there money on parts and service.

We originally looked at the G200 (for a brief instant). At the time, it was only about 1.5 mil less than our straight 2000, and we got the HUD.

Same range, but the 2000 is bigger, quieter, faster, more comfortable, flies better, better runway numbers, better hot and high, more reliable, more baggage, more comfortable cabin, etc, etc.

The only reason they sold any is because the 2000 positions where sold out, suprise suprise, we can deliver you a G200 tomorrow and we'll knock off a couple mil.

Another local flight department just went down the same road, and included the Challenger 300 and 600. Ended up with the next to last straight 2000 (They're not done yet!). It hit LIT this week for completion.

Well, we would prefer the 2000. And we would have some flexibility if the boss would consider a used airframe. But I think he wants to go "new". In which case today it's a 10 million dollar swing between an EX and a G200. TEN MILLION. That's alot of something...don't know what, but it's alot! ;-)

AA717driver said:
Gulfstream's loss leader, huh... Hey, if it works for Wal-Mart, it'll work for Gulfstream.TC

Haha...exactly! Heck, NJA is prly going out the door for WAY less than that. One hundred copies can really bring down the price....the Walmart way ;-)

ultrarunner said:
But I think he wants to go "new". In which case today it's a 10 million dollar swing between an EX and a G200. TEN MILLION. That's alot of something...don't know what, but it's alot! ;-)

I agree, the EX is more in the 604 category.

I do like that protective coating they put on the leading edges, though. <bg>

IAI had the opportunity to do a lot of good with that airlplane. Wish they could have scrapped the boots and Jet Commander vertical.

Latest resources

Back