• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

G200

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We used to take it straight to 390 at max weight. Had to burn at least 1.5 hrs to get it higher. .80 was the norm. I only saw .85 once (empty). The cabin was great and quiet. The door was the biggest problem for us. If you don't know how to open it--DONT! I believe they have posted a placard on the door to rectify the issue. The avionics were great!

G-200 vs CL-300

I am completely unqualified to speak of any comparisons of what happens in the front of the plane. But from the back: the G-200 carries more passengers, has a larger cabin, greater range and is slightly faster. I agree that the CL-300 looks better on the outside. But the CL-300 does have a microwave, but the G-200 does not have to make unscheduled landings due to burned popcorn and overheated entrees. I have only seent he CL-300, but have flown in the G-200 many times. It is a delightful plane to be a passenger in, and even when loaded with 8-9 normal sized passengers is not cramped (as in filling all the seats in a C-X). Just my 2 cents.

Fly safe.

NJAowner said:
I am completely unqualified to speak of any comparisons of what happens in the front of the plane.
You got that part right.

NJAowner said:
But from the back: the G-200 carries more passengers, has a larger cabin, greater range and is slightly faster.
Granted the cabin is larger and I am sure it can be configured to carry more pax, but the speed/range thing is deceiveing. Were talking .83 vs. .85. and the range numbers are (per BCA) 3291nm vs. 3444nm. The BCA (Business and Commercial Aviation 2005 aircraft survey) numbers give the G200 an edge in the 300nm mission and the CL300 in every other mission 600 & 1000. The G200 may have a faster top end, but the CL300 can get up higher faster and cruise at a higher speed longer than the G200 negating the top end speed difference or range for that matter. Max Payload range for the CL300 is 2544nm and 2371nm. for the G200. Four Pax range for the CL300 is 3291nm and 3312nm. for the G200. These numbers are a little dated as we recently got a takeoff wieght increase (more Range).

NJAowner said:
I agree that the CL-300 looks better on the outside.

Yes it does.

NJAowner said:
But the CL-300 does have a microwave, but the G-200 does not have to make unscheduled landings due to burned popcorn and overheated entrees.
Sorry, but NO burned popcorn here...we have an unwritten policy not to carry the stuff. Overheated entrees? WTFO? And you can't overheat an entree in an oven?

NJAowner said:
I have only seent he CL-300, but have flown in the G-200 many times. It is a delightful plane to be a passenger in, and even when loaded with 8-9 normal sized passengers is not cramped (as in filling all the seats in a C-X). Just my 2 cents.

Try getting out of Aspen or Eagle in the summer time (or winter for that matter) with more than 4 or 5 pax and go to Teterboro, Bedford, LA, SFO, MRY (without a fuel stop). The only unscheduled stops made by The G-200 are for fuel. Like Golf? how about Hilton Head to SFO or Denver. Like money?...how about $18.2 mil vs. $21.4mil (again per BCA numbers, don't know the actual figures).

Sorry to be so testy and hijack this thread, but to say an airplane has issues because of burned popcorn touched a nerve.

Frax

Last edited:

Hey Fraxjockey,

Let's talk customer support and quality maintenance from the MFR..............

I'm willing to bet that Bombardier comes in last behind every other business aircraft manufacturer in the world.

So enjoy your extended AOG layovers...............

Last edited:
...AH yes the old "Bombardier lousy customer service" defense. I guess an airplane that only has popcorn and customer service problems can't be all that bad. Last I checked our oldest 300 has over 2500 hours on it and it is still kicking. The G200 has a definate advantage over the CL300 in customer support I won't deny that.

I'll let the CL300's sales numbers and servce record speak for themselves.

With all that said ... too bad you cannot get a DA-2000. Last I heard Serial #05 2000EX (2003) was on the market for 5 days. Who knows what they got for it, however. Not public yet. They were asking $26,950,000.

The appreciation on that airframe alone would more than cover its operating costs given its 1200 hours.

Bombardier may have questionable support...but that POS G200 will require that stellar "Gulfstream" support much more often.

The quickest way to sour your boss on corporate aviation? -- buy a G200.

heck, the airlines are more reliable!!

Nice cabin, flies pretty nice....but its a lemon.

How many G200s on the market? How many DA2000's?
there's a reason!

:(

NJA Owner--Thanks for giving a different perspective on the business.

G200--I'm thinking Gulfstream wishes they could wind the clock back a few years and do a clean-sheet design for their super-midsize (or whatever category it's in...)TC

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back