Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Intreped1 said:
91k can't come soon enough.
What exactly do you think 91k would have done in this case? Charter flight...not fractional. 91k only pertains to fractionals.

Rest in Peace

starchkr said:
Alright, now the news says it was a G-III...was it a 2 or 3, anyone know?
The registration says it was a G1159A which is a GIII and the serial #449 confirms this. This plane was with Buisness Jet Center at Dallas Love (their 135 certificate is in Tulsa).
May the crew Rest in Peace, thoughts and prayers to the families, and may the rest of us be a little more thankful this Thanksgiving.

rvsm410 said:
Its possible he did not reset the altimeter to the local pressure, or the wrong ILS freq was being used...there are lots of things that should have had him higher...but the WX was reporting a broken ceiling of 100' mayb he was searching for the runway lights and got to low while looking?

you can see by the above mentioned TAFS and Metars that the weather was improving later in the morning, thus the traffic/news helo in the air over the crash site.....to bad 135 ops dont "require Dispatchers" its "possible" a dispatcher could have prevented this accident and not allowed the crew to go to IAH in the first place......

God Bless them and there Families.....as usualy we should really allow the investigators tell us what happened.....
Even if he didn't reset his altimeter, that doesn't have any bearing on being below the glideslope. (Unless he was shooting a VOR approach).

Interesting.

I just recieved the Spec sheets with photos on this GIII Last week. The Aircraft was for sale.

On board it did have a FDR/CVR, so i hope it will make it easier to the NTSB to find out what happened

GIII crash at HOU

The NTSB will have the final say, but this seems like classic CFIT (light pole). Not trying to speculate.

ILS 04 OTS. If cleared for the VOR/DME RWY 04 approach.

VOR/DME RWY 04 Straight in minimums 460/40. Ducked below MDA for a look? MAP is .6 from the runway and 1.7 from HUB VOR.

WX at the time 1/8 mile and 100 OVC?

Lord, be with the families of this crew.

CC

Actually not that it happened in this case but the comand bars will dissapear on a RJ, Ultra, and 2000 or other honewell products in a "declutter" mode. Basically the airplane is in some crazy attitude the PFD's will declutter so you can figure out where you are.

lot of unanswered questions

Obviously the NTSB needs to do its job, and with that said.....

1) WHY was this flight launched out of KDAL when the published METARS were so sh1tty at KHOU? Is it going to "clear up" after 20 minutes when they arrive?
100 and 1/8?

Now that we are past #1,

2) How in the world did anyone THINK that the VOR 04 would get them into the airport? The MDA was 300 feet in the soup. ???

3) If they were indeed flying the ILS to 04 (possible), the viz is 1/2 for the approach. Now we all know Part 91 we can shoot whatever we want, but this is still a Charter operation flying a Gulfstream, with pilots are who picking up the father of the current president. In other words, why would 2 "professional pilots" try to shoot the VOR or the ILS with such sh1tty weather?

what were they going to do? Go missed and hold in the G-III? How long can a G-III hold until it needs to refuel?

4) Is is beyond charter ops to recognize that "hey, not for nothing, but Mr. Bush, the METAR at your airport is 4 times WORSE than the legal viz mins for the ILS....sir, we might be delayed getting over there to pick you up....its not just us sir, all the airlines and other companies are having trouble also, **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** weather, we will keep you posted sir". Is that out of line to use that?

just some questions. Not second guessing two dead pilots, whose families will have a sad Christmas, but every aviation accident I ask "what happened" and "what if" and try to learn something from it

satpak77 said:
just some questions. Not second guessing two dead pilots, whose families will have a sad Christmas, but every aviation accident I ask "what happened" and "what if" and try to learn something from it

Exactly how I feel with a lot of these accidents.

And I can't simply say, "Well, it'll never happen to me". Clearly these guys have a lot more experience than I.

What is it that's going through these peoples minds that are causing these accidents?

Greg

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back